Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

February Community Wrap 🎉

Hello everyone!  

Welcome to the February Community Wrap! Here is a wrap up of what happened on the SANE Forums this month 🎊 

#️⃣Trending topics: 

👏Celebrate a member 

This month we wanted to do shout outs to these members for their contribution to our online community.  

@Bow  for starting a fun discussion thread about the story behind usernames! Such a fun way for us all to get to know each other a little better. 

@Peri for extending kindness and reminding other members that you have their back "I have been thinking about you and I hope that you are doing ok, but I feel that you need a friend so I will be here for you".

@YAKA for openly sharing your story early this month to demonstrate hope, and providing suggestions from your experiences that might be helpful for others to try.

🎉SANE events to take part in next month 

On the forums: In March we will be having two Topic Tuesday events! The first event we can confirm will be held on Tuesday the 9th of March, on the topic of Men's Mental Health and Peer Support Services. Stay tuned for more information about our two Topic Tuesday Live Events. 

Off the forums: Each fortnight, SANE are hosting a new event; SANE Support Online Mental Health Meet Ups. Meet Ups start tomorrow, on the topic of Relationships and Boundaries. For more information, check out information about the event here.

🔦Spotlight on: 

We had a back-to-back Topic Tuesday this month, with our guest Cathy from the Blue Knot Foundation on the topic of complex trauma. We started our discussion in the Friends, Family and Carers Forum discussing Understanding Trauma and Supporting Loved Ones. Then we moved across to the Lived Experience Forum to talk about Trauma and Recovery. Cathy shared her experience of working with Blue Knot to support and empower people who are recovering and healing after complex trauma. A huge thank you to everyone who joined in! If you are interested in reading back through the discussion, check out the links above 😊 

quote.pngQuote of the month: 

Please keep holding on and remember, each of you are special, wonderful, deserving, fabulous forum people! No matter how tough things get, please stay strong and remember that I am here for you thinking about you here in forumland. I regard each of you as special people and I enjoy your company!" @Judi9877 

"Anytime you want to unload and need someone to listen, I'm happy for you to tag me,  @26aqua , I'm still very new on the journey to recovery, and can only give you my support. You are not alone through this journey" @26aqua 

"Any of us need to put work in to get the benefits. We are the main drivers of changes. As my old psychiatrist used to say at the times when I was inclined to express gratitude for his huge help, he used to say 'you did it yourself'. It was his way of teaching me the power of my own efforts and my capabilities in relation to my own healing." @Mazarita 

Tagging those who supported last month’s wrap to receive a notification:  

@Shaz51 @outlander @BlueBay @Mazarita @Former-Member @26aqua @Krishna @Snowie @Bow @Determined @Powderfinger @Emelia8 

Do you know someone that could be celebrated in the next wrap or see a quote you think could be shared here? Feel free to email our team at team@saneforums.org   

If you are enjoying reading our monthly wraps - hit the support button, and we will notify you when the next one is up! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: February Community Wrap 🎉

Thanks for your work on putting this together, @Daisydreamer, and thanks for the mention. Hope the rest of your day goes well. 

Re: February Community Wrap ?

Thank you @Daisydreamer ,

i really enjoyed reading this I have not seen a monthly wrap before.  And thank you for the mention, it was really nice to read that such a simple comment was appreciated 

peri

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance