Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

Lol @Former-Member maybe i should!

Hi @outlander. Yep, I'm lurking around keeping an eye on how you're going. 🙂
Glad to hear there's been a bit of improvement, and hope it continues.

Thanks @Smc
At least that part of me is improving. Hopefully after 2 weeks i wont need the boot anymore

Hi guys i feel this might be a stupid a stupid question but i cant thinknof who to contact...

Id like someone to come in and trim up all of pops nails- toenails esp but i cant think of who to contact? Thoughts?
Ive just booked him to to a barber for a haircut and if he would like a good shave as well but for the life of me i cant think for nails for men!

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @Smc
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander

A podiatrist 😀 

(Mum sees one under some plan done by GP).

Heyyyyyyyy @Former-Member, @outlander ----- my  podiatrist did not do mine last time , she scrapped some of the dry skin off the side of my feet  😀 

sees one under some plan done by GP)--- I think it is about 5 free a year

thanks @Former-Member @Shaz51
i wasnt aware that podiatrists done nail clippings too...
I dont think he would need like the 5 sessions so im happy to just pay for them to do his nails when neccessary

how would i find a podiatrist that offers this service? the only ones im finding are the usual services

the gp arrange mine @outlander because of diabetes

any ing the phone book or Google it

yeha im having a look online as we speak @Shaz51

@outlander, my parents get a podiatrist regularly checking and clipping their nails in the aged care home. Reason being, as you get older, blood circulation to the feet is often poor for one reason or another, and anywhere that has poor circulation is more prone to infections. A bit of preventative care in keeping the feet and toenails healthy (don't want ingrown toenails for example) can help avoid serious infections.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance