Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Ditching the Ciggers

Hi I didnt see your post again somehow @Former-Member  Hi @Former-Member @CheerBear @Zoe7  

IMG_6727.PNGIMG_6728.PNGIMG_6729.PNG

Wow @TAB! Big, big go you!

This morning I woke up feeling so in need of quitting. I was thinking maybe of trying something where each day I wait half an hour longer than the day before, before I have one. I wonder if that could work 🤔

I imagine I'd feel pretty great seeing that running tally of yours! So fab Tab (haha that's a catchy sounding one!).

hi @CheerBear  that's how I started to give up years ago ok last time I gave up. Seeing how long I could go without one in the morning, then trying to space them out during the day. Hmm it's weird. Tally seems surreal. Money is the bit that seems to mean most. I smoked a hell of a lot, so sometimes lungs feel terrible, most times not tho, also had thing with legs. Its like every know and again the body says ok lets try to fix things a bit more(when sore throat etc) most time its fine though ..what about a tally-ho re tally .. o k ..laugh now..1 2 3 .. lol

The financial aspect is huge @TAB. It's so cool that you can see it making it's way up on that tally (ho) 😆 as it is.

I keep saying soon and it will be soon. It would be so much better for me and my family if I ditched them too.

it is re the money @CheerBear  a first step was writing down how much spent on it in a month, the next one was realising I could sit at home for twice as long inbetween jobs if not forking out for cigarettes. That's a huge incentive for me. So over work. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20190210_074642.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

PROUD OF YOU TAB!

That's heaps good @TAB ! I used the quit buddy app too, but never got past day 5 smoke free.  Thanks for the inspiration!  

@Former-Member ... 😸

Thanks @Former-Member not sure how no notifications but will check
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance