Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

P0larBear
Contributor

Exercise

Recently I’ve done some bush walking. It’s nice to go for a serene walk in nature with some tough hills to climb at times! Sometimes you can even spot some wildlife like I saw an Echidna. I always feel at least a bit better after exercise, it’s good to have found one I can resonate with.

Definitely prefer this setting than that of a crammed gym or of a loud and busy main road. 

I used to go running but I hurt my back with arthritis so I prefer walking these days.

What exercise helps with your mood?

9 REPLIES 9
Oaktree
Senior Contributor

Re: Exercise

Hi @P0larBear 

I am glad that you are enjoying your walks in nature. I just wanted to let you know that you are not allowed to talk about distances on Sane as it triggers some people so you may want to edit your post before you get moderated. I like to hike too but I am really out of shape. I would love to do an end to end on the Bibbulman track someday.

Happy Easter to you.

Meggle

Hi @Oaktree 

I’ve edited the post, I didn’t realise that mentioning that would trigger something in someone else…

Yeah nature is good, get away from the noise of society and get some exercise at the same time.

Happy Easter to you as well.

hello @P0larBear I am with you in preferring walking outside than exercising in gyms.  Need to do more of it.  I used to swim a lot but got sick of smelling of chlorine.

Cheers

Apple

Hi @P0larBear

Thanks for your post! I'm glad to hear how helpful bushwalking is for you 🙂

I too like going for walks in nature when I can find the motivation, and it is particularly enjoyable getting to spot nice views, cute farm animals, pretty flowers, and interesting wildlife. I also enjoy swimming, yoga, and especially dancing. 

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

@puzzlingdino hi there!

Do you have the opportunity for photography on your walks?

@Kyle1 I usually snap a couple photos on my phone when I come across something cool, often a nice view or sunset 🙂 

Eve7
Community Guide

Bush walking is a favourite activity for me too @P0larBear 

A late response sorry but that’s god to hear.

I’ve been struggling with my mental health and living situation so just haven’t been motivated.

Good to hear rather
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance