Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: GRATITUDE

images (33).jpeg

thanks Shaz51 - how's things going?

I'M GRATEFUL MY SON
- picked up his phone last night & I didn't have to leave a msg
- that conversation was calm & he didn't snap @me
- that he has stable income and a happy workplace
AS 4ME, I'M GRATEFUL
- this glorious autumn weather that has me outside in nature more
- I'm grateful for 4 seasons
- for my ver comfe outdoor rocking chair recently found on Gumtree
- for my friend family
Is that enough? lol

ohhh @Former-Member , soo happy to hear you had a good talk with your son last night , makes us happy to see our children happy xx

love your picture, 

i miss my nice big tree at my place , nice and relaxing sitting under it having a coffee 

Hello to @HenryX@Olga@Daisydreamer  @Gwynn 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51, did you lose the tree in the fire too? Hopefully still there for when you rebuild. I've set up shade cloth out back for sitting & working under 💞

The tree is  gone @Former-Member ,, but going to plant another one before rebuilding 

Former-Member
Not applicable

20210408-230112_1.jpeg

@Shaz51 hope you can find an established fast grower. Adge can help you with that. Hi Adge, I see you in the background. Been worried about you 🐦 Hi @Appleblossom  @HenryX  @Olga  @Daisydreamer  @Gwynn  - hipy ya all staying afloat?

Adge
Senior Contributor

Hello @Former-Member Smiley Very HappyHeart

Hi @Shaz51 Smiley Very Happy

I am finding it extremely hard to Practice any Gratitude (at the moment), or to think of Anything to be Grateful for.

I have been working Quite Hard at Weekly Gratitude Practice - eg to think of/ be Mindful of things & people to be Grateful for.

All I see are Major Losses (Grief) & Regret (mostly).

When I do have them - Close Friendships & Relationships are what give me the Greatest Meaning in Life.

So I am (or would be) Very Grateful for those Friendships & relationships.

Adge

Hi @Adge @Shaz51 @Former-Member @HenryX @Olga @Daisydreamer @frog and everyone here.

Tonight I am feeling grateful for the following things:

- The rain that I can hear in the roof of my house and hearing it blow against the windows - a really nice sound to knit to!

- My cat Mitz for being so cute and great company - A house to live in considering so many people don't have this

- My knitting to relax me

- The AFL in TV despite me not going for either team as background noise and entertainment 

- My books that I borrowed from the library including the Lord of the Rings trilogy that I just started reading in the library yesterday and that I've started to really get in to

- My friends here in forumland to give me advice, news, and wonderful friendship 

Judi9877☺️💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wow @Judi9877, that's a great list. I can relate to mostbofbit. I especially like sound of rain on a tin roof 🌧 Relaxing. Hope you're not in that cyclone area though. Stay grateful!.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Adge (smiley Very HappyHeart backatchya). Good to see you. I Understand those times it's "extremely hard to Practice any Gratitude" or think of Anything to be Grateful for. Such is the nature of depression don't you think? The negatives scream so much louder it's hard to see past them. 

But I'm working on gratitude too. How do you do yours? This last week (after another major slump) I simply try to find x3 positives each  morning and night, which  I think is helping. Its "hard work" as you say (((((hugzz))))) but making it happen has become a survival thing for me, when my brain let's it. But not in just NOTICING the good things, but in CREATING them too. Kind of a counter-balance i guess, against life's griefs. 

You said "Relationships are what give me the Greatest Meaning in Life"

I feel the same Adge, in fact I'd go a step further and say loving relationships are all we  to get to take to heaven  with us. Thats how important they are in truth. 
I hope the forums provide a virtual friendship world for you a bit. It does me. I often find myself thinking of you all.  I do think of you often with our similar isolation and loneliness, and Our similar toxic relatives... (makes me feel less alone), but more energising, is thinking of you with the birds here, every day.
Positive happy thoughts for you here Adge. I like to think somehow the positive energy you bring to my life returns to you on a sunbeam or something, to gently enrich you, even if just a little.
Sorry i dont stay long, but I do care 🙏

Olga
Senior Contributor

@Judi9877, what are you knitting at the moment? I used to knit scarves with thin wool and lacy but haven't done it for a year and now forgot how to read some of the patterns! With the winter coming I should get back into it. You are right: it's so relaxing...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance