Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

gi2020
Casual Contributor

Getting Ahead of the Next Episode.

I was reading how scientist can tell that  you are in depression by voice change and other characteristics that do change while someone is  up or down.

Then I thought about my case and what changes. I am bipolar type II plus some rapid cycling. i.e change in movement - activity, tonality, environment preference ( more dark and quiet enviroment and thought, what if I record those and be able to see small changes before it is too late. So I did mostly using my mobile, some apps and some excel, and to be honest the results showed these  curves on the most of the factors measured, were going downhill Days Ahead from the day I checked that I am feeling depressed , on my mood calendar. 

-How about you?

- What really changes between up and down?

-Can you measure it, and save yourself from the next cycle?

Heart Lets share and shave ourselfves. Heart

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Getting Ahead of the Next Episode.

@gi2020 with me (Bipolar 1 with schizoaffective) I am like Sia's Chandeliar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM&list=RDgts51FbX5Ak&index=3

Great Dancing Indeed. Cat Happy

But is it you cannot control what is coming or because you realise too late and it is hard to deal with at that time

For me swings come really quick . 2-3 days and I can switch from top to bottom. 

Chandelier to the Floor!Man Tongue

Wow I really like this idea @gi2020! It can be so empowering to identify the factors that might warn of us of a downhill slope. A lot of people find mood diaries help them feel  more in control of their illness as they can use proactive measures when they notice symptoms creeping back in. Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy 

Yes. And I would help technology for letting us measure things the easy way. 

If anyone wants to try I will be happy to share some tips.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance