Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Will be here as much as I/we can be @Teej. Everything crossed magic happens and therapist can go with you. So much lots of ugh 🙁😔🙁

I know it is not a bad thing for me to let this go if that's what happens but knowing and feeling are at war and that sucks. He's a good person but I don't really want any person, not in this way I guess. The tricky stuff is all stuff I'm happy not to have in my life.

This week I am starting with a new counsellor and I have my psych. I'm also getting my hair cut tomorrow which is really exciting. I havent had it done since before the oopsies and it is the longest I've gone without having my style for years. I don't feel very me without my hair and I'm looking forward to wearing it the way it is again. I'm hoping it helps me feel better 🙂 NDIS stuff somewhere in this week too. And getting my yarn on 😁

Hey @Queenie. Just caught your post.

Feeling invisible is a horrible feeling, especially feeling invisible to someone as important to you as your Mrs 😔

If you asked her for a chat and told her it was important to you, how do you think she would respond?

Going downhill fast seems to be the thing a support worker would want to know about and hopefully be able to help you out with, though I get how it can be a worry and scary to tell people about.

Really hope respite is helpful for you ❤

Sleep well @Zoe7 💛

Lol with the getting your yarn on 😁 @CheerBear . I hope you feel fabulous after your haircut. I was in the shops today and walked passed the nail salon. There was a lady having a pedicure and she had the most brilliant 'I’m loving this' smile on her dial. I gave her a huge grin because her smile was so infectious and she looked like she had her self care dial set on high, there were a couple of kids that I think were hers but she was making the most of it. Here’s hoping you look like her coming out of the salon. 😄

Will be good to hear how new counsellor goes and stuff with ndis too. Just quietly I don’t blame you for not wanting tricky in your life. It took a while for me to get past that wanting someone in my life and I can tell you that it’s pretty much the last thing on my mind these days. I create enough drama of my own, I can’t be dealing with anyone else’s 😜

well i I hope you sleep well. I’m going to wind down for now. 💜🤗😴

Thanks 😊 I have that smile already just knowing I booked it in @Teej 😁

So with you with there being enough drama in my life without this too! Before we met I was very OK to never ever go there again and 99.99% 👍with being free from any he people like him. Damn smelly people smelling good and all 😉 There would definitely be some bits I would miss but many others I wouldn't at all.

Hope you sleep/rest well tonight. Night ❤

Just had call from centrelink @CheerBear@Zoe7 @eth @Faith-and-Hope and anyone following along. I have to say that the social worker is really good. He talked me through it all in a way that I feel like it’s all possible. I have a week to sort out my reports and he cleared up the things I was confused (and very stressed) over. He will ring next week to make a time. I can have my therapist there via teleconference as well. As much as I’d love to have her by my side I’m ok with her being there by phone. 

I currently have tears but I think they are a little bit of relief and a release of some of the emotion bubbling up.

It also means that I can have an appointment with my psych and hopefully my therapist and psych can communicate. 

Im hoping there is a bear with cheerbear hair again and a rested Zoe. 💜🤗

Hey @Teej (from a bear rocking some hair again 😁). Big yay and woohoo for you! It's so great that the social worker is being helpful. Some of them really are awesome. That all sounds like a huge relief or as huge of a relief as anything like this can be. Everything crossed therapist and psych communicate soon. Reeeeally hope the next little bit of time allows you to have the headspace (and paperwork) you need.

Phew! Thanks for letting us know. I have been wondering how today was going to go for you.

Some great news in your post @Teej So glad you have had such wonderful support. You certainly sound a lttle more positive today and that is lovely to hear. Certain;y hoping your therapist and psych can communicate - that will make it all easier for you too. The whole process is slow Hon but you are getting there Heart

Thanks @Zoe7 , @CheerBear  💜🤗😘

Good morning @Teej   Sounds like tears of relief to me.  Hope you feel clearer about it all on waking this morning.  It's really good to hear things are falling into place for you.

Just checking in @Teej to see how you're going today. Also wondering whether you have anything on/planned to help you get through until JCA day? Lots of ❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance