Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Re: Knitting

I've found it helpful in the past when making items to gift to not add the pressure of learning a new technique while I'm under the pressure of a time constraint. Just a little concerned about the Christmas deadline, @TuxedoCat. I hope you've found some nice easy projects to make.

@Gwynn, that's an excellent tip! It is VERY typical of me to be overly ambitious 

Looks great @TuxedoCat 👍

Hello @Gwynn. @Appleblossom , @Judi9877. @Eve7. Well done 

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Just cursing my own ambition in making some cat butt coasters in crochet. I don't like the stitch, so it's taking for-e-vah. 😛

Hello @Gwynn @Shaz51 @TuxedoCat @Appleblossom @Appleblossom @maddison @EternalFlower and others joining here.

Fabulous work on the jumper @TuxedoCat ! I’m so proud of you! As for other items to knit, I’m at a loss for you. I think beanies are a great gift as they’re nice and quick. I’ve just done another Christmas tree a few weeks ago on 4mm knitting needles which only took about an hour or so and is now hanging up on my bedroom wall. See below for the photo. I can pass on the pattern if you like from a magazine. 

D2FAE960-32A7-48CE-9CAC-865A8765D4C9.jpeg

I’m also still working on a knitted blanket for my housemate of 170 stitches on 5mm knitting needles with 6 colours done so far measuring around 140cm in length with 2 more colours to go along with a border of 2 strips on each end. Add to this, on early Monday morning, I decided that I wanted to make myself a cardigan out of squares, so I got the crochet hook going and have now completed 10 granny squares of 20cm in size with lots more to go. I’m intending on making this as a gift to myself for Christmas. See below of some of the squares I’ve completed.

C3B9B31E-6BD0-4093-B2F8-F94EEE141358.jpeg

Time for me to get back to my knitting so I’ll say goodbye for now!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️💐🧶

beautiful squares @Judi9877 ❤️ Do you do the same pattern for each one? I'm slowly learning about all the different "motifs" to use in squares for blankets. 

And that's a great idea to knit some ornaments! I'll have to create little gift packs for next year I reckon!

I’ve decided to take up cross-stitch again after a very long time. Will be picking up on a big piece where I left Oggy. Has anyone got any tips on how to pick up the thread again. Sorry if this seems self-evident.

Hi @Delicatessen @Gwynn @TuxedoCat @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @tyme and all crafty folk here. Long time, no visit!

@Delicatessen I’ve just started cross stitching again after a long break and although it’s just a small kit, some of my old tips on stitching have come back to me such as working on a small section at a time. Also, using 1 strand of cotton and doubling it up in the needle is how you save wasting cotton yet still get enough coverage on the cross stitching fabric. Never use knots unless you absolutely have to as it makes the fabric lumpy. Using a hoop can also help. I’m quite partial to looking at cross stitching magazines and information online to help me when I get stuck so maybe that can help as well? 

My cross stitching kit is below - the 1 I’ve just started last night whilst listening to the tennis. 1 sloth completed and another 3 to go!

3AB3E7ED-B056-445B-9D53-0F08626AE6AB.jpeg

7CE8B999-F5F9-44C1-BBE9-1B5BDD8DF855.jpeg

I’ve also been working on a knitted baby blanket and a baby jumper as well over the past few weeks but right now, cross stitching is my hobby of choice!

Enjoy your crafts!

Judi9877☺️💐

Totally beautiful @Judi9877 🥰

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Hi @Judi9877 , that looks great! A while ago I saw this Melbourne cross-stitch craft company, https://www.sprucecraftco.com/ which had some funny (if expensive) patterns.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance