Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

@Shaz51 

It can all change so quickly and that I find hard. Always anxious. I guess we treasure the good moments .

I hope all has settled for you

And now I have caught up and am sorry for your loss. Take care

images (58).jpeg

Hi long haul carers @Former-Member @Dunks @Faith-and-Hope @Sasha_86 @Shaz51  - sounds like long haul drivers .. I feel like a road train driver sometimes - going from a to b on the same roads - just different obstacles on different days —- today was the ‘get treated like a dodgy person at the gp day’ 

Ms S needed migraine pain relief and went to usual bulk billing clinic - but usual doc was not there - the fill in refused to give her any pain relief and she had to ask to see another doctor ... 

so doctor no2 who we had seen there in past looked at screen and immediately said no I can’t help you you need to see doctor no3 as he is more experienced in pain relief ... code for he deals with the dodgy people sigh ..

so over 2 hrs later we are in with gp no3 both of us in tears .. apparently Ms S has been officially flagged on a government list for seeing too many different gps ... no3 gp went into government portal called safe script and printed the list ... he said he could see they were vast vast majority from his clinic but the government doesn’t recognise that and assumes gps are all at their own clinics so it looks like she is doctor shopping and deliberately gaming the system for some dodgy reason 

he said most doctors don’t bother looking up the details in the portal they just see the flag and refuse to provide pain killers or other such meds that are mintored .. then told it was in our interest to try and see same gp at bulk billing clinic to avoid problem in future ... sigh grrrrr angry 😡 sad tears 😭... 

when he heard our our story and much tears he was very helpful and gave a repeat script for pain relief and apologised profusely 

at least we got there in the end but I’ve never felt such humiliation and frustration and exhaustion having to beg to be believed that we r legitimate and to be seen going in and out of gp rooms in the clinic by everyone else - felt like criminals ... 

at least I know about the government list now - lesson for all this stick with same gp if you can to avoid this problem - even if it costs you more 

anyone else had had this issue ??? 

Haven't had that issue @Sophie1 but find it helpful to see same GP as it helps not having to explain things all the time.  Mr Darcy's regular doc is on a couple of months leave and seeing others often means having to explain things yet again.  Noticed his history was not right on the last referral he was given too - something to be fixed next appt. 

Awwww @Sophie1 ..... that sucks.  I am glad you got there in the end for Ms.S’s sake of pain relief but geez ..... maybe ask the regular gp to put something in their system that becomes an over-ride ?  Like, a flag that the gps are predominantly from their clinic, and predominantly that regular gp person ?  Or perhaps you can have one in writing to bring to appointments with you signed by regular gp ?

awww @Sophie1  hugs my friend Heart

Mr Darcy can once again fit into his footy jumper 😀. He has lost a fair portion of the weight he put on with his crisis meds. 

way to go Mr @Former-Member  for fitting  into his footy jumper Heart

@Shaz51  I have never been able to fit in the one he bought for me ... 😬

@Former-Member .... that must make him feel so good
Woohoo!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance