Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

I will have to look at the actual tree again in the morning @Former-Member but thinking the leaves are  different to what I thought an umbrella tree is. Mum and dad had one in the front yard when I was growing up. Mum loved (as did us kids as it was great for climbing) dad hated it.

Dad ended up cutting it out one day while mum was in town. 💥🙈🙉🙊

Is the pic you can see the one of the leaf on the ground @Former-Member?

Has little green seeds on it. I did a close up hoping it may be easier to identify the other is loking up into the tree. 

This is another plant we have an abundance of. I dont mind these ones but may need to transplant some as the seem to be crowding each other out and I think they look nicer with some space around them.  Lots in ground and a few in big pots around the place. 

Screenshot_20181213-214421_Gallery.jpg

A lot of the plantings in our garden displays a lack of consideration for how big mature plants grow to. Which  is unfortunate as with adequate space they are mostly nice plants.  

Some of these (pic above) are relatively close to the ground while others (particularly when crouded) have a longish stem. 

@Determined, looks like an aloe of some sort. A lot of them have rather lovely flowers, and they do form clumps. The plants are probably fairly happy about being crowded up, so I'd suggest removing pieces very judiciously, erring on the side of slightly crowded.

Thanks @Smc Definatly hesitant to be digging things out without resarching first.

Good to know they do actually like being crouded like that 👍 I quite like them so not in a hurry to exterminate any lol. 

Have had a look in daylight and definitely not an umbrella tree  @Determined @Smc

The succulent looks like agave attenuata which was popular as a garden plant a few years ago.

images (8).jpeg

Agree @Former-Member definatly not an umbrella tree. Looked out the window this morning and there is actually one of those in the back yard and they are quite different. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance