Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Thumbs up Thursday - Woohoo!

Thanks @NatureLover 

I was just glad I happened to read it pretty early on and glad I knew what to do

And fantastic how supportive everyone is to each other here - this display is really something

A bit thumbs up to you too

Thumbs up everyoneThumbs up everyone

Dec

way to go my second mum @Owlunar HeartSmiley Very Happy

I agree @NatureLover 

@NatureLover thanks for a great post and yes thank you @Owlunar for all you do. 

Thanks @Eve7 @CheerBear @Powderfinger @Shaz51 @DJMasters 

And everyone else - it's really great to get a thumbs up but I wanna say

Thumbs up to everyone who joined in - supporting and caring about each other - I just started - I am sure some one else would have - and I really think - I am sure - that together we taught someone a lesson - the person who started all this didn't get the reaction they might have been looking for - we showed them how much we love each other

Well done everyone

Dec

We won the day - Thumbs up everyoneWe won the day - Thumbs up everyone

@Owlunar and all others. 

It's so nice to come to an online community filled with love for each other. The world is a complete and utter mess. Often not a lot of love to be seen or felt. It makes me very sad and despondent. This place lifts my spirits. 

I'm saying this, I must have missed what has happened? I hope no one got hurt. Also @Owlunar I did reply when you reached out that one time. 

Hi @Powderfinger 

Could you tag me back to the post I seem to have missed - I take time out sometimes - recently just because I have been busy - and I don't always catch up on everything.

I have read some of your posts and it seems things are really hard for you - from what I gather you are having trouble disengaging or not from your partner - this sort of thing can be troublesome - 

Personally - I know - it is diffifult to end long term relationships - after having left my now ex-h twice and having to go back for different reasons I made him leave - he didn't understand why - and it was over - our daughter had left home and I had a stable job - which made things easier

A long term friendship had become toxic and I had to end that too - a pity - but these things work against us - so I do hear you and I understand - it is a period of grief and from what I gather your partner is being disengenuous about it - which has to make things really hard to negotiate

Yes - the world does seem to be a bleak place when we have personal problems and I think it is all made worse by COVID-19 - this morning I thought "Strewth - 6 months out of everyone's life - I don't have time to waste. I want to travel interstate again and do this as much as possible while I can - so yes - I can understand how tough life is generally and right now - for you particularly

The problem yesterday was an unpleasant post but even today I am still impressed by how much love was shown by members to members caring for each other - I was impressed. How wonderful - it's something really positive for the forums - so well managed - such wonderful contributors

I'm glad you found a moment of pleasure in the response

Dec

@Owlunar I'm going to respond at some point today. My head is muddled. I spend most of the morning, just putting into some sort of order. For now, my apologies, it was an email from dockers 6 and I got names mixed up. 

@Owlunar 

Hi, I do not know where to start even within myself. I actually for the first time in a very long time have trouble speaking. I don't speak slot or engage a lot. Don't know why either. It's hard to find words most days. 

I'm still fighting for my life. I'm.not out if the woods entirely. Getting out of this big black hole us going to take time. 

It sounds like you were ready to leave the relationship you did. Letting go of a toxic friendship around the same time is a big one in itself. 

Coronairus has changed the entire world. I can't think about it most days. I struggled with how the world responded. It has left me with a really I'll view of humanity. 

Then there was the killing of George Floyd, which was beyond any response I could even muster. Yes, it has been happening for such a very long time. The whole world saw this though. I do want all four police officers to be given double life sentences with no chance of parole. They took two lives, George's and his mother's. I keep an eye what is going on when I can manage. 

I wrote an article when it happened. One of the hardest articles I have ever written in my career. 

There are many things that drive my distaste for the world. I think this year just solidified my feelings even more. I mainly stick to myself now. I help out when I can. Mainly stick to myself though. 

I'm sorry there was a terrible post yesterday. I hope the person was dealt with. I'm also very glad that members gathered round each other and supported one another. Just goes to show that online communities can and do work. Proud of the community and I can imagine the strong unity and support. 

Thanks for sharing Dec.

Hi @Powderfinger 

I am going to move this message from social spaces to my thread and tag you from there - it will be easier for me to write my response in an area where I have already written about Life Being a Pain

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance