Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Hi again @BlueBay

I get it - it does sound tough - you didn't plan for this and your house sounds wonderful - 

All I can suggest is that you have a family conference about this - there is a solution there somewhere but I don't know what to say about it - everyone has to move over - not just you

And it must be tough on your daughter not having a private space either - and sleeping on a blow-up mattress - 

I don't know if there are frames you can put across a door way or space to keep a toddler in - I had these for my kids - actually they learned they were supposed to stay in their rooms when I put them in place rather than them being strong enough not to have the child push them out - I haven't seem them for years

You are going through a tough time right now - all of you - you are doing the right thing in taking them in and it won't be easy - time though will make it easier

Sending more hugs

Dec

ohhhh big big hugs my sister @BlueBay xxxx

Hello @Owlunar, @Razzle, @Former-Member, @Zoe7

@BlueBay  it sounds so tough for you at the moment, your daughter needs to head to Centrelink and get some financial assistance and advice - her ex needs to contribute and Centrelink is a good place for her to start.  In the meantime, @Owlunar suggestion of setting some ground rules may be the way to go.  Sending you big hugs, it’s going to be quite a test for you ❤️❤️

Hi @Shaz51. I hope you are keeping well 🙂

@Razzlewonering where you were my friend xoso

@Shaz51  I’ve been a little off the radar the last few weeks.  Xmas, New Year are always a tough time for me.  My broken ankle has mended but has left me with a blood clot which has been giving me a little grief.  I have been on a holiday, turned into the holiday from hell, just glad to be hiding away at home now.

Something unsettling happened last week, add to that hubby and I are on shaky ground once again, so I’ve been retreating into my little bubble at home trying to find a safe place.

I will see my councillor on Thursday with my husband, and then again next Wednesday by myself, I really need the one on one session at the moment.

Have you been keeping well yourself?

Hi @BlueBay

I had a bit of a search on-line and found that Bunnings have child proof safety gates for inside your home - they have many different kinds and I am sure they would be safer and sturdier than the ones I had when my kids had nearly 50 years ago

I will put up a picture of one here

Dec

They are extendableThey are extendable

Hi @Razzle

I get the being on shaky ground feeling - I am there myself atm and I don't have a husband to blame - I'll be okay though

Hi there fellow travellerHi there fellow traveller

We have each other and the rest of the forum - how great this is

I know you have your cast off now - the second one - and I think I heard you had a DVT which is not good - darn it - they make you keep off your feet for however long and the weather has been hot and disagreeable at times and now you have that to deal with

I hope they are giving you medication for it - there is medication for it - and I really am sending strong vibes that it will work quickly

In the meantime I am thinking with your in your Bubble and having a dual consultation with hour husband and I really wish you were getting a solo this week - it sounds as if you really need it

Dec

Hi @Owlunar, I am on an anticoagulant for the blood clot and also a pressure sock.  Found out at the US yesterday that the clot starts 10cm below my knee, and ends inside the ankle, so it’s pretty big.  There is also another very small clot just above it.  I have to take the meds and wear the sock for at least 6 months.  I was told I could have the clot from anywhere between the next few months until maybe forever - it may never dissolve, it just anchors to the artery wall and the blood just pushes a hole through and keeps pumping as usual.

Meds are causing headaches, a listed side effect, but last weeks incident has sent me into a tail spin and I worked myself into such a state that I made myself sick and ended up with a 2 day migraine anyway.

I wish I could have the one on one session with my councillor this week, but just can’t do it so next week it is.  I had to take my mum back to our holiday destination for fracture clinic today after she broke her thumb while on holiday.  Couldn’t wait to get in the car and come home, I just don’t feel safe anymore.  The anxiety is crippling at the moment, my heart feels like it is going to explode out of my chest and I just want to cry all the time.

Hubby gets something is up, so he’s been giving me some space the last few days - he understands there are some things I just can’t talk to him about (or don’t want to talk to him about), but I’m an open book as far as my councillor is concerned.

Sorry to hear you’re on shaky ground also, it’s a horrible feeling and I hope it passes very soon for you ❤️❤️

Sorry to hear you’re on shaky groundmy second mum @Owlunar xxxxxx

Hello @Razzle lovely tosee you and sending you hugs xoxo

Hello @BlueBay, @Former-Member, @Zoe7

Hi @Shaz51@Razzle@Owlunar@Former-Member@Zoe7

my D went to Centrelink but was told to do all paperwork online. She’s completed it now and will hi tomorrow to print off a certain page (we have no printer at the moment). 

I’m in so much pain - neck shoulder and lower back. It hurts to look down. I phoned my Chiro snd he just called back. He will see me tomorrow. 

I’m tired and emotional. I think being in pain doesn’t help. 

Early night tonight. Xxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance