Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

wordman
Senior Contributor

recovery

Hello. I would like to diverge from writing about my recovery. My recovery is 90% complete. By this I mean that I am on the home straight in completing a complete and thorough recovery. I would dearly love to hear about other peoples recovery. I believe someone out there has a story that will allow me to complete the last 10% of my complete and thorough recovery. There are three things I am passionate about in life. Writing, animal welfare, and the welfare and wellbeing of my Mother. By combining these three passions allows me to have a life that is lived with clarity, perception, and intuition. Clearing ones mind of impurities, such as negative or destructive thoughts, requires these thoughts to be replaced with positive and productive thoughts. The mind is fickle and fragile, as many of you may well know. At the same time the mind can be your ally. It can be your best friend when it comes to deciding what is best for you. Please share your experiences with me as I would love to hear them.    

8 REPLIES 8

Re: recovery

already well I wasn’t going to reply because I’m not in a very good space today but i thought fuck it actually I will 

I’m glad you view yourself as 90% recovered but man the minute you think that it goes to shit I could say I’m 90% recovered as well but I still have the occasional pretty fckin bad day or week and then sometimes it just hangs out in one form or another for like a month or more or whatever so pretty much what I mean is I don’t think anyone is actually ever on track to recover fully from this shit you can just live your life symptom free for a period of time doesn’t mean you are recovered 

Hey @ArraDreaming  what you said just reminded me of the old days when I used to try and deny there was anything wrong with me while at the same time having a complete inability to function.

funny what shame and denial will do to you. 

I think in terms of recovery it depends on what your health issue is. We know some health issues can not be cured but can be managed. 
I do not like the word cured so I will use the word recovered. I prefer recovered because it’s more realistic and leave space for any  emotional and mental scars.

you are right. Sometimes it’s not about being “cured”. More about getting better to the point where you still have bad times but those bad times are not all of the time, and those bad times can be more manageable and you can care for yourself more skilfully than before. 

Hey Little Leopard. Don't let shame control what you have nothing to be shamed about. The negative emotions must be dispensed of during any recovery. My experience tells me that the negative stuff is what brings you bad days. Shame, guilt, embarrassment, harsh or critical judgements upon yourself, and many others serve to make you feel disorientated and confused about life. You are right, depending what your health issue is determines your path of recovery. 

Kind Regards

Wordman

Hey Jay5. Every one of us are individuals and unique to ourselves. I not only live my life symptom free I also live my life in a way that is conducive to my values and beliefs. Trust me, full recovery is possible and attainable. Believe in yourself that you can achieve a full recovery. The bad days will disperse if you let yourself believe that a full recovery can occur. 

Kind Regards

Wordman 

Hey @wordman,

Just wanted to give you a heads up.... If you want to chat with someone you can tag them using the @ symbol. This way a notification can be sent to the other forum user. For example @Little_Leopard @ArraDreaming 

When it is blue, it means that you have tagged them. Once you start writing after the @symbol, a drop down box gives you some guidance. 

@Little_Leopard and @ArraDreaming, I believe @wordman has written to you above 😋

Hello @Sunshineandsea. Thank you very much for your heads up. Your help has assisted me to navigate the forum better. Much appreciated. 

Kind Regards 

Wordman. 

All good @wordman 😊, enjoy the forums. Some very cool people and topics on here. 

Hello @Sunshineandsea . I am enjoying the forums very much. I am very interested in discussing various topics and communicating with cool people. Thanks again. 

Kind Regards

Wordman

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance