Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

Going to head off and try to sleep @TAB Catch up with you tomorrow Mr. Tabby Cat Smiley Very Happy

Yeah memories of horrid upstairs govt flat years ago @Zoe7 sometimes used to sprint the stairs til could hardly breathe ok 1 flight x 10 would do it, but that was down as well as was only first floor. Am just decrepit and rarely had a massage in last 10yrs don’t know why I can’t do more often. Its on tell yourself list that gets forgotten same as letting swimming go by

Ho k @Zoe7 .. nearly off to bed here too. Clean sheets .. woo hoo

In some ways it is terrifying and in some ways it is awesome. Going away next year is both a challenge but also a time for freedom. It's a scary thing, but it's also a liberating thing. I'm nervous as hell, but excited too.

There is a lot of opportunity for things to go well, but also a good deal of opportunity for things to go badly.

This is what I am worried about:
- being stuck on my own all the time, but also being stuck with other people all the time
- not having enough money
- not living healthily (social, physical, emotional and psychological)
- the conference not being everything I thought it would be.. where most of it isn't good at all..
- isolating myself because things are too hard or too scary
- wanting to come home
- wanting to die
- wanting to give up and return home

These are the things I can do in the short term to make things better:
- Chase up work options
- Chase up housing options
- Contact various people from blogs or social media that offer help or advice
- Remain positive (even though that can be quite hard)
- Remind myself "that it could be worse"

@outlander @Zoe7 @TAB @Adge @Ant7 @Appleblossom @Former-Member @BlueBay @Faith-and-Hope @soul @utopia @Shaz51

You have definitely been thinking about your trip very carefully @Flying_Hams That is a comprehensive list of both the pros and cons - well done for doing that. I think you have covered a lot for both and that is good to have something to work towards. You know what you need to get done before you go nd that will help you when you get there. Planning is key here and you are doing that buddy Smiley Very Happy

thanks @Zoe7
Hopefully it is enough yeh

There will always be things that pop up that you haven't planned for @Flying_Hams but if the bigger things are organised then the smaller things can be dealt with as they occur. 

Managing the bigger things is most important. @Zoe7

Already utilised reddit and linkedin. Also some people have pointed out some helpful tips on the association facebook site. I told someone the other day that I feel like a detective chasing up leads lol.

I canned going out tonight. Been out last night with two mates and past two fridays been out too. Just not up for it tbh. Balance is crucial. Might drop in to Friday Feast

Nearly forgot it is Friday @Flying_Hams This week has gotten away from me Smiley Surprised

I generally don't do FF - gets too busy for me and I find I can't always keep up. Think that has a lot to do with my concentration levels still not being great. 

It seems like you are doing really well in your research and networking so I have no doubt you will smash out all the things you need to get done before you go.

..hamso... cheer up. It’s an Adventure @Flying_Hams 😸
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance