Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Sachasofia29
New Contributor

Depression

Im really depressed. Will I get better ? have you been depressed and gotten better? I need someone to tell me i am going get better.

5 REPLIES 5
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Depression

hi @Sachasofia29 

Because you know you get depressed, i think you can get better.

Different people do it differently.

Some like to see Coubsellors. Some use medication prescribed by doctor. Some like me use faith.

I used to think of my mind like a sailing boat. When l get down, i wind the sail up like a slowing boat. So i focus my mind on good things. Watch something funny on tv.

So like winding the sail to give more wind, wind your thinking up with good thoughts.

Sometimes it feels like we are going through hell, so keep going. We get through it. It may take awhile.

So Doctor and medication, counselling or a lot of mindfulness from you to shift your thoughts.

Yes @Sachasofia29 , I'm definitely a former depression survivor. I battled depression for so many years and NEVER thought I'd get any better. Many times I wanted to give up. It felt too hard to continue. Yet, today, as I look back, I'm glad I'm still here. My life is now so fulfilled and I am so satisfied with life.

As hard as depression was for me, I'm not bitter and angry for it because I know I've learnt so much along the way.

At least now, I can even share the hope I now have. I can share my story as a simple, ordinary depression battler... and I've come out with the battle wounds to prove it.

Things WILL get better.

Manmade and natural electricity goes against our brain and makes us feel depressed.

It's not 'cruel reality' and it's not you.

We are here, and here is with.

Just pierce the shadow.

You are not alone. My GP and counsellor once said "treat it like a flu", doing the right things. For example, with the flu, we need to drink lots water, get rest,etc  Same for depression, do the right things for it, such as think positive, not overthinking, involve activities, moderate food and drink, sleep well, be with family and good friends,(not be with those toxic, the causes of it), pray (if ur r religious), etc. I think you already recognise that u have depression, that's already the first important step, then accept it... you can go and see a psychologist as well. Let's try to recover from it... Good luck!

hi @Sachasofia29  just wondering how you are going? 

depression and any mental health issue is more like a roller coaster i find. to be honest i havent found the end of that ride yet but i have learnt to cope more by learning new skills on way to manage stress and the ups and downs as well as the symptoms that come with mental health issues 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance