Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Tired12
New Contributor

Husband with Bipolar

Just found this forum. Have so much to say but no energy to do so.

Partner with Bipolar.

Just feeling exhausted and isolated. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Husband with Bipolar

Hi @Tired12 

Welcome to the Forums. My name is Hanami and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. It is nice to have you with us.

It's okay that you're too exhausted to say much right now. You're welcome to be here with very few words! I hope you find support here from others who can relate and understand.

It must be so tough, I can hear the fatigue in your worlds.

I'm wondering if you've reached out for your own support as being as carer can be a lonely and confusing place. These two organisations maybe a good place to start:

Carer Gateway 

Carers Australia 

Have a look around the forums and feel free to post and share as much as you like. I hope to see you around.

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Hi @Tired12,

Welcome to the Forums, my name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. We are glad you found us and hope you find some support and community with us.

A close family member of mine has bipolar (diagnosed around 20 years ago) so I understand somewhat the rollercoaster it can be for both your partner and yourself.

No need to chat now but when you are ready and have the energy we are here.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather

PS. a couple of tips to help you get started on the Forums

Tip 1 - if you want to directly chat with someone on the Forums use the @ symbol and then start typing their name directly after it. A dropdown box should appear, and you then select their name. This ensures that they are notified of any posts you mention them in.

Tip 2 – the most recent posts are the latest page numbers.

hello @Tired12  and welcome to the forum 

letting you know that you are not alone my friend 

my husband was diagnosed with Bipolar and other diagnoses

sitting with you and ready to talk with you 

@FloatingFeather , @hanami  

Thank you @FloatingFeather .

I have just found this site after feeling a bit desperate to find support for carers. Appreciate the tips on navigating the forums. Was getting a bit lost!

Im pretty strong and hold the family together but have patches where I just can't hold it up anymore.

My husband hasn't been able to live with us for 18mths due to a bad patch and not being able to manage at home, plus the kids don't want him here anymore. 

I think the biggest battle at the moment is guilt.  I feel like I should get him back home but I don't think I can do it anymore. It's been tough for such a long time. 20plus years. I think I'm worn out. Which is not easy to admit.

Hi my husband has been diagnosed with bipolar. 
It has been a roller coaster ride. 
the ups and downs are really taking a toll on me. It’s caused me to fall

into deep depression. I haven’t told family and friends and I feel like

im in constant damage control. 

sorry to vent. 
I just want you to know you’re not alone!! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance