Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Just a Question/its ok if you don"t know the answer

hi everyone the question is about the topic of love languages mainly how do you figure out what love langauage people around you have? I ve been more appreciative of family and am just curious to know how you can find out what makes those around you feel loved/what their love language is? its ok if you dont believe in love languages its just something that I am being curious about and believe in for example I know my own love langauge but it would be great to be able to communicate love to family ect by knowing what makes them feel loved if that makes sense,probly something to do with me trying to be and feel more connected to those around me,thanks LostAngelHeart

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Just a Question/its ok if you don"t know the answer

I think the best way is to see what language they use for others, because we usually revert to loving in our own language. Do they give thoughtful presents? Words of affirmation, etc.

Re: Just a Question/its ok if you don"t know the answer

I read 'The 5 Languages of Love' and found it fascinating.  It not only covers what they are, but how to communicate in each type, even though it may not feel comfortable for you as a different type.  I'm generally not a self-help type of reader, but it helped me to understand people close to me and where I may have gone wrong in communicating what I needed from them, as well as giving them what they needed. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance