Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

@Shaz51  you are still  in limbo at present which means extra stresses for both of you. Are you able to have some "date nights" or the like so that you and the swashbuckler get some alone time for R&R, not just work, perhaps take photos - did you lose your photography equipment?

Very  true @Former-Member 

Last Sunday  was a lovely day  out and we are having Easter off but thinking of not going away,  maybe day trips 

We did save  a couple which still works and with  the money from insurance have brought a new dry box 

How are you today  xx 

Day trips = lovely @Shaz51 

@Former-Member  have been thinking of.you and Mr D.

Truat all is as well as can be for you both. 

How are you going today  @Former-Member , @Determined ,

@Former-Member 

Thinking of.you and Mr D. 🙏

Having to do more around home as well as increased caring duties @Determined. Mr D has increasing fatigue and often nods off to sleep. What he can do is done slowly and needs supervision as there is confusion at times.

He has side effects from one of the muliple pain meds he is on which are borderline intolerable, a reduction in dose to a subtherapeutic level however resulted in a return to the excruciating pain he was experiencing.  Alternative options are really limited due to psych med interactions and previous drug induced hypomania/ psychosis/ increased QTc. So hard to know how to advocate for him.  .

I'm sorry to hear that Mr D is in such agony @Former-Member that is so upsetting and distressing for you. I am sure that there is a wide divide between the care received in Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane and regional Aus. Even if you cant' access respite or in-home care I hope that you are being checked on via phone or online very regularly, its too much for one person. It sucks being limited with meds due to other health problems, I can relate to Mr D with that, its scary that there really aren't many options. At least the doctors are checking Qtc and are on top of that, some docs can pass you over as 'too young for that', or not meeting some other criteria, which happened to me, so regular eeg's are a good thing that aren't being dismissed as unnecessary. 

Its a beautiful time of year, its still warm but the humidity has dropped and we're having the occasional fresh morning in soggy Sydney. I hope that you can sit in the garden somewhere with the puppers when Mr D is resting, or get some rest yourself, Corny Heart 

Hugs my @Former-Member 

Just Being there for Mr Darcy xxxx

Hope you got some rest last night  

Sending hugs @Former-Member   🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance