Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: New life

Hi @Delicatessen  thanks for the support I appreciate it.  Things certainly look different now especially when you live with a drunk.  She truly makes me think what I was like before and I don’t want to do that again.  Some days are easier than others but am nearly 3weeks sober.

Bought myself a mocktail book so looking forward to trying some out.

Again thanks for the support and nice to meet you. Have a great weekend xx

Hi @Sirine just sharing experience. Avoid situations where you have a glass in your hand you would normally drink alcohol from. Can lead to urges to drink that can take hold quite unexpectedly.

I’ve stopped drinking mocktails. The prospect of drinking them caused me distress as I was paranoid someone would put alcohol in them (inadvertently or otherwise).

Only sharing as its early days for you.

Hi @Delicatessen  i don’t mind the mocktails or the non alcoholic wine I feel like I’m not missing out but I understand where you’re coming from. I don’t have many non drinking friends and I don’t want to feel “different “ when I’m with them.  But if that’s what works for you that’s great hun. Today is a bit hard as I have been under a lot of stress - going back to work, moving and financial issues so am trying to curb the craving. 
I have adis on speed dial if it gets too bad.  
im glad I met someone on a similar journey xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance