Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Hugs @Netty78 ,

I hear the desperation in your voice. I can definitely relate.

Although your psychiatrist and psychologist are not available right now, make the appointments. For me, I make my psych appointments months in advance and so I have four appointments waiting. They are easy to cancel if I don't need them, but super hard to make if I do need them urgently.

Can you think of ways to 'slow down' whatever is happening in your mind? If you give your negative thought/s and you a bit of space in between, your perspectives can shift.

Have you ever read (or watched) the book, I had a black dog ? Please have a look at this and tell me what you think.

BPDSurvivor

I know how you feel. I have been there many times before. I also know that when someone is in that state of mind the last thing they want to hear is how it will all get better and all that. Sometimes people just need to vent their frustration. And you are free to do that here. There are crises support services links on this website, I believe, if you are in dire need. However, if you think it is getting unbearable you can always call 000. I know the mental health system in Australia is flawed, however, there are services available. 

@BPDSurvivor My appointments are always booked in advance because it is so hard to get follow up appointments as it is. My psychologist I usually have to appointments booked ahead, and my psychiatrist is always booked ahead, but unfortunately follow up appointments with him are usually 3-4 months apart. You have to be extremely lucky to get in with him every 8 weeks.
I read the Black Dog years ago.

Hi @Netty78 ,

I understand with the appointments, hence I make 4 to 6 appointments in advance, 2-3 wks apart. So I don't wait until I've finished an appointment and then make another one. Does that make more sense?

How are you feeling this arvo?

I went for a drive this morning so I could go bushwalking. Then I had lunch out. 

Were you able to watch the you tube clip? I watch it when I feel everything is a loss.

BPDSurvivor

@BPDSurvivor I was at work all day on the farm. Still not feeling well at all.

@Netty78 ,

I'm sitting with you. You are not alone.

I admire what you do. I went to some farms today and all I can say is that I'm awestruck.

It's totally unfair that services are not available to those who need it most. But I am happy you have reached out here on SANE.

Im happy to check in with you whenever you feel the need. Please just know that there are good things to come. I'm ready to ride the waves with you, just like what others did for me when I needed it most.

BPDSurvivor

Hello @BPDSurvivor 

I did not know it was possible to book appointments 2-3 weeks apart.  Is that with psychologist or psychiatrist?  The only way I have managed to get more frequent poointments is recently through seeing an interested and agreeable gp.  We always have something to learn ...lol

Hello @Netty78 @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Judi9877 

Smiley Happy

Hey @Appleblossom ,

That's a psychologist. Due to Covid, and the rollout of the 20 sessions under the mental health care plan, psychologists are booked out everywhere. Hence I book several appointments.

For example, I currently have 5 appointments booked with my psychologist which takes it out to June/July. Each time I see the psychologist, I make another appointment for a few months down the track. That way, I have all the appointments there if I need it, and if I cancel, there will definitely be other people who want it (of course I give them plenty of notice). It's a win-win situation.

If it's to see a psychiatrist, I don't normal book so many appointments because my meds are pretty stable. If it's urgent, I make the next available appointment but ask to go on their wait list for any cancellations.

Hope this clarifies things.

So if anyone finds booking their psychologist hard, book a few appointments at a time. Also, I ask them to send me a text reminder of my appointments closer to the times.

BPDSurvivor

@BlueBay @Andrab @Judi9877 @WIP @Nells @Shaz51 @Aniela @JJ4 @vashi @BPDrose @Luca33 @Sarah_850 @Olliesmum @asdfge @SunflowerMe @magical_journey @Tbo @sarvan @Snoopy56 @Ellan @sanity41 @Laylah @Flossy92 @Bow @BPDSurvivor @Jacaranda84 @LouisianaM @Andrab @Theodora @Et68 @26aqua @LostAngel @Healing_Journey @TG1108 @BPDCarer1 @DJ228 @Name84 @TomRiddle32 @Dec @PAX1741 @Netty78 

Just thought I'd share a like resource from Woebot (app). Works on CBT:

Language is Important 

From this, you can see how 'self-talk' can either make or break you.

In difficult circumstances, self-talk can lift things. 

Have a look and consider how you could benefit from utilising the skills of positive self-talk. It works!

For example, someone might say, "Everything sucks. My whole life is s***" - challenge this thought. Is it really EVERYTHING? Can you not think of one think that is going well? 

I challenge you to challenge negativity or unhelpful thoughts.

BPDSurvivor

@BlueBay @Andrab @Judi9877 @WIP @Nells @Shaz51 @Aniela @JJ4 @vashi @BPDrose @Luca33 @Sarah_850 @Olliesmum @asdfge @SunflowerMe @magical_journey @Tbo @sarvan @Snoopy56 @Ellan @sanity41 @Laylah @Flossy92 @Bow @BPDSurvivor @Jacaranda84 @LouisianaM @Andrab @Theodora @Et68 @26aqua @LostAngel @Healing_Journey @TG1108 @BPDCarer1 @DJ228 @Name84 @TomRiddle32 @Dec @PAX1741 @Netty78 

How are you @Netty78 ?

Thinking of you.

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance