Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Hi @Shaz51  and @Faith-and-Hope  and @Former-Member @and @outlander Thankyou for your replies - I am exhausted today and my Body just wants to sleep for a week lol ... I've been coughing all day - tail end of a head cold .. I do feel like the argument definitely took the wind out of me and has made me tired ... had to visit my mum today which was actually good distraction .. home now and contemplating back to work tomorrow -  for hopefully a calm week as I can't take anymore conflict or raised  voices 

hugs @Sophie1 Heart and hope you can have some rest time to recover my friend xxx

arguments and tension really do suck the energy right out of you @Sophie1
I hope your cold buggers off soon. sounds like some rest might be on the cards for you hey.

@Sophie1 

Answering over here, I know with one of Mr Ds meds that adequate fluids are essential especially when there is hot weather or physically active.

Hi @Former-Member Today I found a sports hydralite powder in a large tub to help MsS hydrate on hot days - only 25c per glass compared to hydralite sachets that can be over a dollar a glass !!! MsS has developed a fondness for hydralite in summer and to help when she is not feeling well with chucky migraines - I was thrilled to find a cheaper alternative as chemist bills mounting up so much lately - was walking between 2 chemists and supermarket today price comparing for items we needed - tiring but worth it - also shocked at how much cheaper prescription meds can be at the suburban discount chemist chains compared to smaller chemists in city !!! MsS had to tell her boss no work for next two Weeks due to migraine treatment - work said they’d call a replacement in and Thankyou for the honesty and warning - she was v upset about losing work and not being reliable but relieved to be upfront about it with her boss She spends so much time in bed - most of the day - it’s not great I think for the mood , depression levels or body To be that inactive and isolated - but hard to say anything when I can see how much pain she is in

Bonus re: savings @Sophie1.  Mr Darcy was able to get a non script item today too,  $8 off usual price and $4 cheaper than chemists home brand. These savings can all add up. 

There is the PBS safety net - are you aware that you can register as a family? It may or may not be of some help to you - here is link about it.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/pharmaceutical-benefits-scheme/when-y...

I do hope something can be found that will give relief. Medical issues do impact so heavily on mental health.

Thx @Former-Member I’ll check out the PBS safety net links tomorrow - much appreciated 🙂 Hope you have a peaceful sleep - I’m struggling to nod off - brain never stops

You can also register as a family with medicare @Sophie1 

for safety net - this works a little differently and is based on out of pocket expenses and Medicare rebate amount -but is similar in that all family expenses count toward threshold - is done per calendar year. 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/medicare-safety-nets

@Sophie1 Christmas tree ideas for your cats.

images (28).jpeg

7f3a8d6dc8267fb42380b35ed0ae63fc.jpg

Quick check in @Sophie1 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance