Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Struggling

Thanks @dimty I guess I’m lucky there . My shrink used to ask me “things to be grateful for? “ . Yes very good parents 

Hi @Dimity 

A 35 day streak is great! I once had a really long streak and then just completely forgot to do Wordle that day and bam, it was gone! My husband and youngest daughter do it too and we compete to see who does it in the least amount of goes. Yesterday I got it in two goes and was quite impressed with myself lol. 

Hanami❤️

Hi @perspective and @Dimity 

Thankyou both for your understanding, care, advice, suggestions and commiserations. I really appreciate your responses to my posts on this thread. It makes me feel much less alone.

I must endeavour to come onto the forum when I am feeling particularly low, rather than avoiding my phone like everything else and just laying in bed...

That said I'm struggling with this post and I haven't even got around to addressing the content of your replies.

Something has got to give but for the moment I'm going to post this with big appreciation to you!

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

We're with you @RedHorse .

Love and light 

Dimity 

Let me begin by saying that I'm glad you are making some progress @Dimity and thank goodness for the kindness and foresight of your parents @perspective 

I'm wondering if I can make this off grid lifestyle work if I can get some real world help like I had when I first moved here.

Any change is going to require me to get out of bed and into the shower, which has been beyond me for an embarrassing length of time now so perhaps I'm just kidding myself.

I am in regular contact with my daughter and while she is aware of the challenges I am facing, I hide the depth of my response to them from her.

I am on DSP and have a MHP through my GP which provides regular telehealth appointments with my psychologist.

I have a referral to a regional psychiatrist who prescribes medication only. I got bogged on the way to my last appointment in April and have not made another.

GP has referred me for x-ray, ultrasound, physio and nutritionist advice but I have yet to make the appointments.

I used to have a carer to assist me with such things but am currently without - this is one of the real world supports I was referring to above.

That's it from me for now. Thanks for listening.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

@RedHorse I really don’t function in the morning at all . So don’t feel too bad. We all seem to forget that this is as much a physical illness as a mental one. We are not lazy we just don’t have the energy others have. Saying that I do try and get one thing done per day if I’m feeling really bad. Today I took the dog out for walkies and I have a fish tank to clean. I find that when it comes to living things I’m quite responsible.  

Very true @perspective . Depression is not a moral failure  however much we may think it of ourselves. Hope your fish are doing well  I had a community tank of tropicals for a while.

@RedHorseforgive me for responding in detail. You might need to fortify yourself with a cuppa.

The first step isn't forcing yourself into a cold shower, it's making an appointment that could well be months ahead. When there was a gas crisis here I sponged myself from a sinkful of warm water after boiling a kettle and it was fine.

The physio and nutritionist may be available through telehealth like your psychologist.

For nearly 6 months I've had telephone coaching on diet exercise and motivation through a state govt program. It was non-threatening and the coach has been lovely. I I've also had to address vitamin D levels as I hadn't been getting out. 

Getting bogged must have been traumatic but I hope you can see your way forward to getting your meds reviewed. 

It could be worth seeing if you can get a MH support worker added to your MHP - my gp just offered it. I've seen agencies mention online support if there's noone local.

I sincerely hope you can get the ball rolling, and accept the help your gp has offered  it might be key to once again enjoying your sylvan? pastoral? surroundings.

Hoping you're OK @RedHorse

I saw my gp yesterday - hope to re-engage with my psychologist soon - it does feel difficult, even though I have fewer hurdles than you. 

Sending best wishes

Dimity

Hello @RedHorse if you're out there  - I do hope you're OK. What's been happening for you lately? Have you been able to get into town?

This thread kind of stopped , what happened?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance