Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

the need to not plan anything but just do!

hi all spur of the momment is sometimes nessasarry,if you really want to do something,be somewhere or meet someone you just have to decide to do it just get and and go,dont stay where you are now but physically move to where you want to be,overplanning is Ive found is not very helpfull cause all thats happening is the same repetivitve talk and thoughts,but a clear lack of action to get something done,so Ive decided the best thing to do is take action be spur of the momment,plan but not overplan so that the chances of succeeding are hopefully better improoved and instead of just willing myself to move actually move to where I need and want to be its a decion thats been hard cause its almost like everyone else has been up untill this point trying to decide the decion for me ,wher as now I finally have the space to actually learn some things for myself and figure things out more or less maybe things wont work out long term but at least I can try and thats what matters,I need to try again even if fear tries to stop me,even if people ultimately reject me I need to get a move on cause its decions based on my life I cant stay here and do nothing,I have to try ,try to be brave to take a step out on my own,out of a very acustomed comfort zone,take a leap,after all the only one stopping me from going where I want to go is ironically me,But I have to be brave and try at least now with less noise I can learn things ,now that the noisy chatter has stopped I just need to try and do what I want to do ,even if I fall flat,Fail,or make a mistake,because right now the worst mistake is not to try at all oh and another thing never put the the responsibility of your self worth onto someone else when thats not there resposibility its your responsibility and also hard as you try you cant fix anyone elses problems either,but I do need to try this goal,its important not to become stuck and not to just stay where you are especially if it doesnt make you happy to stay there,we all have to make our choices about our individual life journey,even if its hard to take that step forward,we have to try or else we never know what we could have achieved or what could have been we just need to try to find out and then maybe our fears would be behind us and not infront of us,maybe then we can bravely be who where ment to be this post may not make sense to anyone but its I geuss me trying to motivate myself to go forwardin life and not settle with what doesnt make me happy thanks for reading LostAngelHeart

3 REPLIES 3

Re: the need to not plan anything but just do!

hah i completely relate, i've always avoided routines and always needed an escape, and ability to just go, get out, be free, do what i need to do.

i once had a boss whose way of managing me was to have all these lists and goals and monitor my every action. and when i spoke to a "well being officer" they said that's actually the opposite of what people with depression (me) need, they need to not have to always answer to someone else, they need to be able to act and make decisions on their own, have agency, and just work the problem their way. 

its totally tight and explains why i don't get along with my current boss either... i asked if there were any references this person could give. e to show my boss but they had nothing... i'd love to be able yo say " the way you manage me is bad for my mental health, here's some tips"...

oh and i hate gardening too but i don't have family any more and i have a balcony, so four plants have gone in.  some how it helps me... maybe just being in the sun and fresh air. 

Hi @LostAngel - with my car stuffed, i have to plan my days because i use public transport (buses) to get around. at the moment i have no money until next payday, so i cant really go anywhere unless i walk lol. anyway, my point is that yeah planning too much is sometimes a silly thing because life is precious and it can change at a flip of a hat. good luck ok 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance