Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

the upside down routine

Hi everyone my sleep this week has been that I seem to be sleeping in later and later oversleeping and not being aware of what time it really is cause the time of day seems different for mainly that well today I slept in till close to 1pm in the afternoon and when I woke up it felt more like 10am in the morning rather than nearly 2pm in the afternoon so then I had breakfast at lunchtime and lunch at dinner time also Im snacking on food more frequently so I wonder if this is a bit of depression again as Ive been out of sorts all over the place timewise as well as just feeling like sleeping for most of day even when I do get out of bed and yes it is hard to get up out of bed low motivation to get out of bed,to shower and get dressed although I still mange to shower and get dressed no matter what time I manage to get out of bed ,other than that Im watching alot of netflix and not feeling like getting out the house much ,today was the first day I got out of house in a few days,it seems like depression cause all I want to do is stay in bed and not have to bother with the everyday errands ect feel tired too but also at times very hper yesterday I was messaging family a bunch of messages all at once real fast cause my mind was thinking real fast but at the same time Im not really intrested in talking with those around me and preferred to be alone at home 

1 REPLY 1

Re: the upside down routine

@LostAngel 

Thanks for sharing. When I start to sleep in or oversleep I know that it is the first sign of becoming unwell. It can also put meal time out of balance.

Have you reached out to a mental health professional for support?

If you would like to chat to someone you can chat with lifeline on 131114 or at https://www.lifeline.org.au

I know during COVID restrictions I found it challenging. Even though I wasn't going anywhere I created a routine where I would go to bed at a relative good time, get up and get dressed even if I didn't leave the house. It felt good and improved my mood to be in fresh clean clothes. Eat morning, afternoon and night around the same times. I watched Netflix to avoid the news, however I would switch off the tv to go to bed. Have a shower.

Have a go at creating a routine, even if you don't leave the house, to help improve your mood.

Write down what you need to do to start the routine. It's challenging for a small amount of time as you get use to your new routine. However once you get a regular sleep pattern and meal time you may feel a little better.

Also talk to your GP about a check up on your health, even if it's a Telehealth appointment. Ask if you can get a mental health plan to see a psychologist to help support you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance