Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Christian Chat

20200115 (30)_1sk-01.jpeg

Hi @@ @Smc @ I was just reading back here, and found a post of yours I must have missed a couple of weeks back. I really liked that you said:
"faith can co-exist with MI... "

"Some of the deepest, most passionate Psalms were written out of grief, despair"

It is true that there's much in the Bible from Godly men and women in distress. How their faith sustained them. And many before Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit. 
And sharing your own faith in  hard times:
"God's got a better grip on us than we've got on him"
and
"Holding on" isn't dependent on the limits of our strength, it's dependent on His, and He doesn't ever get tired"
Thank you Smc, Really needed this tonight, please keep reminding us 🙏

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Christian Chat

20210119-053556_1_1.jpeg

🙏  COVID BEATITUDES  

A bit confronting but true. 

A friend sent to me today 💙

Re: CHRISTIAN CHAT & WORSHIP PRAISE PRAYER SUPPORT FUN PEACE LOVE JOY (NO DEBATING) RELAX :)

20210129 (1)-01-01.jpeg

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Re: CHRISTIAN CHAT & WORSHIP PRAISE PRAYER SUPPORT FUN PEACE LOVE JOY (NO DEBATING) RELAX :)

20210129-214749_1_1-01.jpeg

@Faith-and-Hope I keep getting this scripture with you on my mind. Think I'm meant to pass it on to you. Maybe reread Ephesians6, see what the Holy Spirit says to you. Hugzz precious lady. Thanks for the extra ✔️ lately🌴

💙💚💛🧡💔

Thank you @Former-Member ...., that is exactly what I needed to hear ❣️

🌻👍

hi @Former-Member  - thinking of you, and your difficult situation. How is Mr Darcy with the illness? Must be so hard.

How are you, you ok? 💙

20210114-174609_1.jpeg

20210220-073003_1.jpeg

my family make me feel so alone. They all fight with each other,o it's so toxic being around them. Hereditary MI and demonic influences play a part I think, and drugs (it's all connected). There's a few verses in the holy  bible that keeps coming to mind when I seek God over my family:
"we wrestle not with flesh and blood, but principalities and powers in high places"
"Do not give false testimony"
"Satan is the occuser of the brethren"
So I know it's not all me. And
"Father forgive them, for they know NOT what they do"
The hurt hardens the heart and sets off so much toxin. My faith helps cleans but it's a constant maintenance thing or I forget.
Also, I think MI is just too much 'high maintenance' for loved ones, forget our good days and run off.. And family seem to push our buttons anyway, hurt us more than if they were strangers. There's a limit to how much to keep trying. I've surrendered t to God. Another scripture that comes to mind:

"don't cast your pearls among swine to be trodden into the mud" 

Yes,  my sister more than anyone reads wrong into everything I say and do, its an attitude, a stronghold thats just not workable. eg Being told 'you're delusional' whenever you differ, well, thats a shutdown. She doesn't want to know me. So, maybe there's a reason the bible does teach us to 'self care' and protect ourselves as well as sacrifice.

*Above all, guard your heart for out of it flows river of living waters" and

"love your neighbour AS YOURSELF" 

Don't mean to preach. I gotta keep reminding myself really. & thought to share my faith helps for you. That's what's  good about hymns - the confession of Faith... a topic for another time 🙏💙🙏

@Former-Member Mr D thinks he might die any day now but medically he still has a way to go, likely months not years, pain is an ongoing issue. Hoping the nerve block he had last week will help.

images (47).jpg

🤗 Love the quote @Former-Member  

thank you @@@. MrD's denial is not unusual, probably a good thing, but still hard on you. My mum was like that 'till the last month. I visit her a lot more the 3yrs after her diagnosis (she was difficult) but that last month she actually asked me to "stay 'till I pass" She was so tired, and so thin, she knew, and quietly, I think she could let go BECAUSE I was there for dad.  It was only 2wks later the community Silver Chain Dr sent her to palliative care and she fought it hard there. Thats when my siblings got really nasty  (with me) Its true that family go nuts. I was just meeting a need. 

It's wonderful that you're there for your man. I pray the Lord sustains you both in spirit 💙 Remember you too...  take lots of little MeBreaks / self care 💙🌿

It is hard to know @Former-Member  Mr D is so strong but battle weary, I am hoping to be guided by the palliative care team as I feel a little inadequate at times.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance