Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hmmm... "Crafty Carers'... No, that might give the wrong message. 😛

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Tufftimes 

Looking on the bright side = 😀

Opportunity for us @Smc  😀😀

Hi @Confused_Mama 👋

Good morning to you also, hope you have a great day 😊
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Confused_Mama 

Re: knitting and crochet 😀crochet a day.jpg

I dont knit anymore, but for a while it was important and practical.  

@Former-Member @Smc @Confused_Mama @Tufftimes 

As a kid, witnessing girls sharing and helping each other was a creative culture in the orphanages and gave me a positive sense about people.

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

A handy skill to have up one's sleeve @Appleblossom 

I used to knit myself a jumper every year but haven't done so for quite some time.

Love the meme @Confused_Mama 😏

Hello and thanks for the invite...

I have spent my day (once again) searching for inpatient care for my 15yo daughters mental health issues. It is extremely frustrating having to source this information on my own. Has anyone found useful help in NSW, QLD or VIC for a 15yo?

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Jezza_au 

I would suspect your nearest Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service would be able to provide you with that information.

Hi @Jezza_au. I've found in our part of Vic that inpatient care for young adults is something treated warily by psych services, due to a concern about "institutionalising" them at a young age, and perhaps setting a pattern of needing institutional style care in later life. You may strike similar reluctance with adolescent services.

If a public place is unavailable, private clinics might be worth trying, but you need an affiliated private psychiatrist to refer the person, and I don't know if any are suitable for adolescents. Most seem to be geared for adults. And they're not cheap. Private insurance is pretty much essential.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance