Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

What bike do you have @HenryX ? 

I have a honda 500x 

Don't ride as often as I would like. Mostly commuting atm. 

hello @wibblewobble@Faith-and-Hope@Determined@Smc , @Former-Member , @Adge 

ha ha yes i am here @HenryX Heart

Hi @Shaz51 Smiley Very Happy

Adge

hello @Adge Smiley Very Happy

@Determined 

Hi Determined,

Thank you for the interest.

I have a Suzuki GSX-R750 that is registered and a couple of Hondas that are not - 750 & 450. I used to commute in the city on a Yamaha 250 which was a comfortable bike to ride. Did a few country runs on that, however it was definitely better suited to the commute application.

The Suzuki is more of a sportbike, with a lean-forward riding position. It's a while since I've ridden so it will be interesting to see how my back holds up. However, maybe enthusiasm and endorphins will "override" any discomfort.

My riding now will be just for pleasure so there will be no time or distance constraints. I'm pretty sure that I'll still enjoy the activity. As long as I have no problems holding the bike up when stopped. I think that is my major concern. Once I'm going I should be fine.

Cheers

HenryX

@Smc 

Thank you for the connection re motorbike riding with @Determined 

@Shaz51@Faith-and-Hope @Adge We had a very brief visit by wibblewobble last night. Good to see him around @wibblewobble 

Cheers

HenryX

Nothing in particular - just been a difficult week with the SO and her health. Apologies for not replying last night. I had my phione ready to reply and put it down to take care of something and never hit post. Thanks for checking in though @HenryX 

@wibblewobble 

Hi and good to "see" you here.

Yes, things can get a bit awkward sometimes and it is just a case of being with people occasionally that gives us a bit of a lift.

@Shaz51 @Adge  @Faith-and-Hope @Determined 

Cheers

HenryX

@HenryX, Hubby had a Suzuki GS years ago. Being a creative type, he custom painted the petrol tank with a mini-mural. We overbalanced it once (at a servo) when it was fully loaded up on the way to a rally, and it was so topheavy, it took four guys to get it upright again.

Current bike is a 1970s Russian- the ones that were sort of rustic copies of WW2 era BMWs.

@Smc,

Hi Smc, I remember the GS series, a nice looking bike that I had my eye on as an up-sizing choice for the Yamaha. I can visualise the type of loading for a camping trip that may have required four people to lift it back into its upright position.

I've seen photographs of what I think you may have - '70s Russian. How do you find that for parts etc, are they commonly available?

Cheers

HenryX

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance