Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

Hi Shaz , I do have a fur baby cat, she is lovely and I love her a lot. Her name is Cleo.and she follows me around like a shadow. She is very comforting.

As for hobbies, I love to read and when I am not feeling great settling in to a good book is an escape valve from how I'm feeling. I am grateful to be able to read as I know when you're not well with mental health issues it's difficult to concentrate and read 

I am also in the process of crocheting a rug for my daughter. It's taking me a while as I'm not always motivated but I keep going back to it and I'm getting there with it

What about you? Do you have a fur baby and do you have hobbies. Love and hugs, roses 🌹 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFRe28pm1Y 

Here's some rustic charm ...

BELLBIRD

DId not watch it back then Little brother ruled the tv shows. @TAB Ha ha they spoke better Australian than those who lived around me!  Even some chopsticks.  All the great themes: runaway child, communes, pubs and sheep.  Actually glad I watched it as it deals with ward of state stuff and I was about his age.  still putting together my life.

@roses Hi. Good to see you.

@Dimity  I have been thinking of doing the train. 

never watched that one @Appleblossom  was ABC soap ? like in country town ?

Yep @TAB  I just knew of its existence, but my brother did not approve.  lol

Apparently there is a movie now.  It was interesting to see the commune - farming types...

One good thing is recently the polarisation of those groups is reducing ... sometimes ...

https://www.theguardian.com/dairy-australia-green-solutions/ng-interactive/2021/mar/01/these-dairy-f... 

no idea @Appleblossom  um they had sort of a Greenie character on A Country Practice lol

Well in 1977 I had a lot more dairy farming under me belt ... then went out into the real world and met lots of greenie types.  Oooh the circles we find ourselves in ...lol

@TAB 

oh , parents had 2 dairy cows 7 years we lived on 2nd farm father worked on @Appleblossom  so saw still births , 'strangles' and other disasters as well had fresh real milk, butter cream for years

I did the morning milking on holiday farm .. with daughter ... about 200 cows ... herringbone dairy.  Went there for years.  

@TAB 

Makes sense I did geology in me 20s... to figure out the ground between all the people I had to deal with ...lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance