Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Community Garden :)

Hello, @Shaz51 . My garden is going well, but I’m quite angry because someones pet cat keeps digging up my seedlings then crapping there, it comes at night twice a week. I’ve lost all my tansies, and some of my carrots and basil to this irritating creature. It’s not the cat’s fault - it’s the irresponsible owner. Where do (some) cat owners get off thinking it’s ok to let their pet roam around at will, killing wildlife and being a menace to other people? They’d have a blue fit if I let my dog do that! Grrr.

Can you cover them up so the cat can't  dig them up @Bismuth 

Very annoying I know , our neighbours cat come to our yard for the toilet every day and sleeps on the our patio at night 

@Shaz51  I’m trying. I tried constructing a netting frame, but it won’t stay in place with the wind, and because I have climbing plants (tomatoes and beans) planted, it makes it difficult to construct something that goes over the top of the trellis and teepee. I tried using “Keep Off My Garden” spray, but the cat didn’t care. In desperation, I have ordered some spiky mats and adhesive spiky fence toppers from a pest control company. It’s money I don’t have, and I feel a bit pissed off to be honest.

Very understandable my friend @Bismuth ❤

I’ve planted in my veggie garden without much luck…..I blame possums

@perspective  Yep. Possums are the bane of many gardeners. And if you live in Queensland, brush turkeys. I’m glad I don’t live in Queensland.

Yeah.... possums @Bismuth ...bit painful. I see evidence of them everywhere...

@Dimity , @perspective , @Bismuth , @tyme 

Here we have bush turkeys and bandicoots

I like bandicoots @Shaz51 we left out bread and milk for them when I was a kid. Here we have brushtail possums and ringtail possums. They eat some of my roses and grapefruit but I'm happy to share. Sorry about your veggies @perspective 

@Shaz51  my callistemon is flowering! (Happy dance)

E87F05AE-7259-4F50-B749-5BEA059ED061.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance