Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

If we could come up with a med for self-confidence then we would all be incredibly rich @Sam3 Smiley Tongue

Go us @Zoe7 @Sam3!

I reached out to that old contact and they were happy to network. So that's a bit of progress today.

Hope your arvo is good!

That is positive @MDT  and even if nothing comes out of it you have had the confidence to approach this person and that is progress Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Zoe7  

I'm glad you had a good day and you have lovely people supporting you. Tomorrow is my surgery day, I'll be thinking of you. I'm a bit nervous but also excited....

All the very best for your surgery @oceangirl I hope it delivers the outcome you want & that it goes smoothly. Is it a day procedure? Hope you can be as comfortable as possible as you recover 

@oceangirl 

Hope it goes well.

Smiley Happy

Work update @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @Sam3 @MDT @BryanaCamp @Snowie @Sans911 @CheerBear  @Teej  @Shaz51 @TAB  @eth  @Former-Member  @Former-Member  @Maggie  @Former-Member  @Owlunar  and anyone else following along...

I was sitting at my computer looking at a new program that I am trying to familiarise myself with after work when the Assistant Principal came past. She stopped and asked me about my day - which was super nice. She then talked about the couple of gaps I have in my timetable and said use them for planning - to which I stated I had been visiting classes in that time to get to know some of the kids better. Her reaction was that shows initiative and is a great idea. Then she followed by saying I have been hearing some wonderful things about you. I was a bit shocked but in a pleasant way. She went on to say that people have been saying that I am always smiling and have a lively way with the kids and staff and that I have fitted in really well. I thanked her for saying that to me and also stated that it is a lovely school and everyone has made me feel so welcome. So it has been a really good day to dispell some of those self-doubts I have been having. I also helped another teacher find some things for her planning and that made me feel useful also - she has been so lovely to me and it was actually fun for me to do some planning stuff.

There is actually some planning I can do for a coupe of students  will have every week and even though it is pretty basic it will be something I am looking forward to getting organised. A lot of my work is aimed at the lower levels and whilst that hasn't been what I am used to it is something I am learning - and I do love watching the kids progress when they finally get something - I had one of those moments today with a student and it was gold!

Going to get dinner organised and then settle in tonight to watch my Hurricanes play. I hope it is a good game but I also do hope we win - I know @Former-Member  will be watching and backing our boys tonight too. (Not so confident myself tonight Sherry but will have my fingers crossed).

Love and hugs to all those who would like them Heart

Hi @Zoe7   I'm really happy for you that things are going so well at your new school.  Enjoy your evening x

What a wonderful update @Zoe7  ❤️🦋

All the best with your surgery @oceangirl ..... I hope it goes really well.

Thanks @eth  @Faith-and-Hope  It has given me a real lift today Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance