Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feeling scared

@Eden1919, I know you're trying hard.  What side effects have you noticed while being on the meds?  How bad are they?  Can you write them down so that you can tell your doctors about them, keeping in mind that the truth is a powerful weapon? 

I know that my first meds made me feel lousy, even though they started healing my mind.  It could be that you just need to give them more of a chance to work, even with the side effects, before asking to go to a different, less side-effecty medication.  Nobody likes being on medication and dealing with the side effects, but it can be a powerful tool for good by helping our minds have the right chemistry to heal. 

You've got to keep all your important stuff in mind when you're faced with the doctors - they're meant to lead you back to a life worth living, that includes all of your important stuff. 

I believe that Satan wants to distract you from your higher purpose by ensnaring you deeper and deeper into spiritual warfare, cutting you off from the stuff that's important in your life.  You've got to keep it together by acting as normal as possible, even when you're terrified.  It could be that enduring the daily medication is something we have to do, the price we have to pay, in return for having lives worth living, with the important stuff for us to do and the important people and pets whom we love. 

@Gwynn  Thank I am trying.

I am really struggling to take care of myself and I am not managing uni at all and I am just really struggling with everything at the moment I am trying really hard but nothing is working very well. plus i am in a lot of physical pain from something too and it is really draining on me i havent slept properly in over a week and i am so tired of being tired and tired of being in pain. 

@Eden1919, I'm sorry to hear you're in pain and tired and tired of being tired and in pain. Have you tried telling your doctor about your pain and the lack of sleep? They should still take it seriously.

Uni isn't easy at the best of times - and now that you're scared of your meds and being drawn into spiritual warfare by Satan, it's not surprising that you're not managing uni at all and that nothing is working really well. Can you get your doctors to write you a note to withdraw from this session on compassionate grounds?

@Gwynn  I have told a GP but there isnt much they can do about the pain. the situation with uni is complicated and i cant really afford to withdraw at the moment. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance