Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Loneliness is overwhelming me..

Hello @BlueRose and welcome.

Your story seems to have resonated with many people. Loneliness seems to give us (me, anyway) time to ruminate, increasing our anxiety and depression (and self-doubt and regrets). You're doing well to volunteer 3 days a week. I wish I felt well enough to. Is there much sense of community where you live and work? Sometimes living remotely has compensations. 

Do you have interests or hobbies to turn to in the evenings and weekends? I'd like to return to reading, crafts and gardening... and listening to music.

I hope that these forums help you feel less alone, and give you some comfort.

Best wishes

Dimity 

You absolutely do not deserve any of it @BlueRose As others have said, we make these choices for very good reasons and you have had your own good reasons for your decisions. We can second guess or question those decisions - often when we are at our lowest, and blame ourselves for things that we have or haven't done. But - and this is a big but - you had very good reasons for making those decisions. You took control in a time of your life when you had little control and that is both courageous and shows strength. Reaching out here for support and connection shows that courage and strength also. I hope you can find a place here in this community and it alleviates some of that loneliness for you.

Hello @Zoe7 @Dimity @Sylvia26 @Snowie @Appleblossom,

Thank you all for your kind words and talking to me.

Wanted you to know I’m grateful for your replies.

BlueRose..

Hey @BlueRose - good to see you around tonight.

Have you had dinner? How are you today?

Hello @BlueRose . Hope you've had a good weekend. 

Blue roses are pretty unusual @BlueRose 

Beautiful.

It is lovely to have you here with us @BlueRose 💙

Hello @BlueRose 

I thought I’d call in to introduce myself. I’m also a widow with grown up children struggling with mental health after a few attempts to end my life.

I have found lots of support here from lovely people who get it and who will always listen to my rambling so I hope you are feeling very welcome.

Tonight there is a Friday Feast where we join up to eat together so I’ll tag you in that. 

💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance