Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

I'm sorry that is happening @Bow 

It's hard when our flashbacks take over.

Is there something you can do or take to ease the feelings of on edge.

I hope you have a great weekend with D. I'm sure she is looking forward to seeing you.

Around if you need a chat

@Bow wrote:

Is anyone familiar with tip of the tongue phenomenon? There’s words there but you just can’t quiet get to it and say it.

Yes, I have this @Bow 

@Bow wrote:

there is a picture…. An image, inside my head. I have moments where I get so close to seeing it in its entirety but then it disappears. It doesn’t feel like a pleased memory or picture. 

I wonder if this is trauma trying to come out? 

I'm glad to hear your nightmare meds have been increased 👍 Did they have an effect last night? 

@Bow 

I hope by now that you are on leave from hospital and spending the time with D. I'm sure she is happy to have your around.

Sending lots of love 💗

Bow
Senior Contributor

I’m on leave @Snowie  but I’ve just gone to the shops. D is at her fathers today. I’ll go home tomorrow for my leave and see her then. 

how is your day?

Least you were able to get out for awhile @Bow 

My day seems to be going downhill but most days feel like that lately. Just watching some tv in my oodie. It is cold here.

What else have you got planned for your day?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Just collapsed on my bed @Snowie I have become so extremely ‘unhealthy’ and unfit since being here. I was doing like *****kms [edited by moderator] every day at home, and now I’m doing nothing. it was a few minutes walk [edited by moderator] down to the shops and I was out for a few hours. 

I went and got my eyes tested. I need reading glasses. So I picked out a cheap pair. I’ll have them in a couple of weeks. I told the optometrist about my vision, how words appear almost 3D and have depth to them. Hopefully maybe the glasses will solve that problem? 

I bought my daughter a couple of things. A new jumper and a face mask. I have heaps at home, so we can do that tomorrow. I know I don’t have to buy her anything, but feel like I wanna treat her to make up for being away so much. 

it’s tv in oodie kinda weather. Lotsa patients have oodies here. I didn’t bring mine in. I bought myself the blue  unicorn oodie a couple of years ago. Kmart had their mustard and pink check one on sale today, I nearly bought one cause I just love those colours. 

@Bow 

Don't beat yourself up too much about being 'unhealthy'. Perhaps not doing as much exercise is actually good for you.

Do they have a gym there? I know some MH hospitals do.

Perhaps wearing reading glasses might help. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long for them. I wear glasses but mainly for long distances and driving.

I love my oodie. Would live in it if I could.

I hope tomorrow goes well for you hon. I'm sure your D will just love spending time with you but it is always nice buying them a treat too!

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yeah there is a gym here and I bought my gym shoes in with me but I’ve never been! You’re right it’s probably been good for my body to give it a bit of a rest. But I have put on so much weight…. And that I am ashamed of. I have every intention of restricting and excising again when I get out of here. 

can’t wait for tomorrow and seeing my daughter! 

Your body probably does need that rest @Bow 

ED are hard to manage hon, just try and take it easy on yourself.

Have you got any plans with D or just a chill out session?

Bow
Senior Contributor

We will just chill out at home I think. Maybe we will go have arvo tea somewhere. 

I have 3 parcels waiting for me at home! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance