Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Lack of sleep is really rough eh @Snowie 

hope you can take it easy today. 💕

Last night we did not get much sleep,  so sending you lots of understanding hugs ❤️ @Snowie 

Thanks @Shaz51 @Bow 

Lack of sleep is really hard and affects our mh so much.

I am super tired bit still cannot sleep properly. I think I need to take extra meds to help.

@Snowie  Sending wishes that you can get extra appts with another psych in those 6 weeks yours is away. Also that your sleep improves... 🤞

Thanks all

Got a bit more sleep last night thanks to some extra meds. I know that is not the answer for sleep but it will have to do for now. Mentally I don't think I am ready to tackle my demons.

Done some food shopping and cooked tea already so I don't have to worry about it later.

I hope all are having a good day.

@Snowie wrote:

Got a bit more sleep last night thanks to some extra meds. I know that is not the answer for sleep but it will have to do for now.

Apparently getting into the 'habit' of sleep helps  @Snowie ...hope you can do that 🤞

@NatureLover @Shaz51 @Bow @Captain24 @Eve7 @Zoe7 @outlander and anyone else who wants to read a long post!

Just a bit of an update for you all. No pressure to respond nor read it all!

Took mum for a MRI last week. It came back as her brain reducing in size and the start of Dementia. For the last few months she has started forgetting things, will forget what she came in to ask me and having trouble talking to people, so now we have an answer.

She has a Doctors appt. on Tuesday which I will go with her so we can try and get some answers. I have researched it a bit on line but really want to know what the doctor thinks.

She of course is thinking the worse and exaggerates everything and thinks she won't be able to remember anything in a month and will have to go into a home🤦‍♀️

So it has been very tiring trying to put up with her. Of course she has no one else to say things too so it all comes back onto me. Something I really am not dealing with on top of my own mh issues.

My pdoc wants me to increase one of my meds to see if that helps. He also sent me info on a new medication I could try in case this increase won't help. One of the major side effects is weight gain really don't want to go down that path.

My psych is just about to go on 6 weeks of leave and my pdoc on 3 weeks leave. Of course they overlap each other 😔 So I am very scared and nervous about this and the lack of support I will have. My psych wants me to see someone else whilst she is away but no appointments have been organised. I am on a wait list 🤦‍♀️

My mh has been on the decline lately and I feel like I am observing all this from the outside. I feel incapable of stopping it. I feel a huge pull towards what my thoughts are telling me to do but at the same time still trying to power through for my family.

If you have read this far than thank you for reading all my blabbering!!

Hey @Snowie I'm sorry to hear that's happening to your Mum. That sounds stressful and sounds like you're the only person your Mum is leaning on. 

How are you going to support yourself while your pdoc and psych are on leave? You can reach out to us here always and the SANE drop in line but do you have any other ideas? 

Sitting with you 💝

@Paperdaisy my mum has only got me. I have a brother but he isn't in contact with her much and cannot rely on him. She has a few friends, a sister that lives interstate, so it all falls onto me.

My psych wants me to see another psych at the same clinic whilst she is away. But I have no set appointments with them, so are on a cancellation/wait list. Going from seeing my psych every two weeks to nothing is going to be tough.

I'm not sure how I will cope with both being away. Yes they have been away before but not at the same time. I am scared I won't cope and things will spiral even more out of control. We haven't talked about how I will cope, I guess that is on the agenda for my next appt. The last one.

I know that feeling @Snowie being the only support. 

Please let us know how that goes and keep on checking in with us here. You can also contact us over email as you know, if you need extra support but as you know we're not a crisis service and I would encourage you to reach out to crisis supports if things escalate for you. Lifeline 13 11 14 or the MH line in your state. 

Take care Snowie, it will be a difficult time for you but I believe you have the strength and resilience within you to get by. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance