Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Oh that’s heavy news @Snowie and really rough that you are your mums only support. I hope that you will reach out to some carers support organisations? 

we are always here too 💕

Thanks @Paperdaisy I think I will be reaching out more then normal to chat/life lines. 

I also know I have support on here too.

@Bow I am going to ask when we have the doctors appt. what organisations we can reach out too.

I think I will be relying on here more often.

I hope your day with your daughter is going well hon 💕💕

sorry about your mum @Snowie its tough looking after someone with dementia even in its early stages.

hopefully you can see another psychologist while your current one is away even if its once or twice it would be better then nothing. fingers crossed a couple of appointment spaces open up

yes anything would be better then nothing @outlander I just hope I can get in. I don't think I could go that long without talking to someone.

@Snowie, I hope you can get in too 💖🫂

yeah it would be really hard @Snowie i guess the helplines are always there too if you need to vent or have a temporary option

I’m so sorry about your mum @Snowie. Please feel free to lean on me for support as I know how difficult it is to navigate this illness. It was only my nan and not my mum though. 

You have so much going on. I really hope you get a cancellation appointment while your supports are away. 

Sending you lots of hugs 

Thanks all for the support.

My mum is already thinking her life is over. This morning she showed me where all her documents were and told me all about her funeral cover. She showed me her jewellrey and who in the family gets what. I just let her tell me. If it eases her anxiety a bit then I guess it is a good thing.

We will see what else the Doctor can tell us on Tuesday.

On a personal note, sleep came easily last night. I feel asleep on the couch. Yet the struggle to stay asleep is still there. It really is messing with my MH. I know I keep going on about it, but the thoughts of my psych going away just makes my thoughts get worse. 

Hey @Snowie.

Let your mum tell you while she can. It will help ease her mind but it will also

make things easier for you in the long run, knowing what her wishes are. 

Im glad you fell asleep easily. Sorry you can’t stay asleep though. 

The stress is overwhelming for you of them both being away. Of course you are focussed on it. We are here to hear you and know you are not alone. 

Sending love

I think it does ease her mind @Captain24 

Hopefully we will know more after her doctors appointment.

I know I am fixated on them both going away. I keep telling myself I will be ok, but I don't really believe it myself.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance