Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

I haven't got any real friends @Eve7 

I find it hard to relate to people in real life. I also don't really have any friends that know exactly what is happening with me. I guess you could say I am a 'loner'.

@Snowie 🌷💞❣️❇️🤗💕

I mix with a lot of people but I rarely open up @Snowie  I feel ashamed even when I know I shouldn’t.

I am grateful that people invite me to the movies and breakfast but I often sit with them without talking.

I haven’t seen the friends coming on Sunday since h’s funeral as he was the one who always kept in touch.

You could say I’m a loner but it might not seem that way as I get involved and go out lots but I’m not really a people person.

In the past year I’ve connected with school friends via zoom and I’ve started to realise what nice people they are but I’ve not seen any since uni. They’ve been really welcoming and I always thought I was unpopular.

Our mh robs us of so much...sorry about the rave

Rave away sweetie

I can understand he feeling ashamed hun @Eve7 

I even struggle opening up to H. I think it is more that I don't want to burden him with my problems/issues.

I had some friends growing up but never anyone really close. They were more just acquaintances. 

I hope tomorrow goes well for you 💜💜

Will say goodnight, time for me to try and get some sleep.

Thanks for the chat tonight and keeping me company my ECT buddy 😊

LOve and hugs hun 💛💛

Love and hugs to you @Snowie 

It has been good to chat and I think you’re a very friendly person.

Sleep and dream well tonight my ECT buddy.

💜🦋💜

Dear @Snowie , I read your worry room post  and I’m worried about you.

There is no way you are “too far gone.”. You are a beautiful, precious and intelligent woman with a family you love very much.

Please be kind to yourself today. I do not underestimate your pain and depression

but I know you can walk towards recovery one tiny step at a time.

I believe in you hun.

Gentle hugs

💖🤗☃️🤗💖

Hi @Snowie 

I see that you have done the rounds this morning to the many threads you regularly contribute to.

But no update here to say how you are doing today.

I know from your worry room post that things are really tough for you. Are you okay, and have you sought the support you need right now?

Greetings and kind healing thoughts also to 

@outlander @Sans911 @Zoe7 

Sending you love and hugs 💞

Emelia 🌷🌻

Morning @Emelia8 

I guess it is easier asking others how they are going then asking ourselves those tough questions.

I know lots here are going through their own issues and I don't want to add to their problems.

Truthfully I am not doing well. There is a lot in my head at the moment and I find it hard to turn my thoughts into words. I am finding it hard just to survive, hard to just get through each day, hard to function. I think I have been shutting down my brain so I am not thinking so much, trying to numb those feelings of helplessness and worthlessness. Trying to not follow through on my thoughts.

I don't even feel comfortable writing this much about how I am. It makes me feel too needy, too demanding.

I hope you are doing ok hun, I know you have got so much happening lately

💜💜

Hey @Snowie, I'm really sorry to hear things have been a bit tough for you lately- I can sense the incredible anount of courage it must have taken for you to share with us and just want to acknowledge and thank you for that. I know it can be really hard to talk about when you're struggling, but please know it's ok- sometimes, we struggle, and that's ok too. 

We're here to listen and be with you. If these feelings are becoming too much or feel too distressing, please don't hesitate to reach out for support from somewhere like Lifeline (13 11 14). Of course, you're more than welcome to keep reaching out for support here too. Wishing you strength to keep going. 💙💙

You've never been demanding @Snowie 🌺 even when you may be feeling needy.

I guess I just worry that you spend all your efforts supporting others here. And because you seem so 'together' you do not always get the support that you may need.

So Im glad you wrote what you did. And please never feel uncomfortable about saying how things really are for you. You deserve support here, just like the rest of us.

Im sorry you have such a long wait before getting to see your new psych. I have to go now, but thanks for your honest post.

I cannot offer much, but I can offer an understanding ear and be here for you as much as I can.

Emelia 💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance