Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

DID82
Contributor

Not doing well

I’m struggling with my head it just keeps going around and around lately. Trying to distract. I just feel like this cycle is going to keep happening. I get ok and I revert back to old patterns of shame, anxiety and just feeling low. Just running on empty right now

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Not doing well

Hey @DID82 ,

I'm sorry this is happening. What's made you feel this way tonight?

Although I'll be hopping off soon, our evening moderators will be around to support you 🙂

Take care, tyme

I’ve been worse for awhile now. I don’t know why I’m like it at the moment. Night is always worse

Hello and welcome @DID82 

Sitting with you and sending you hugs 

@moderator 

Hi @DID82, I'm really sorry to hear that things are so difficult at the moment and especially at night-time. Thank you for reaching out, you are showing a lot of strength in coming to the forums and sharing your experience. It is really important to talk about how you are feeling, especially if you have concerns about your safety. 

I just wanted to provide some useful resources if you need some immediate support:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Lifeline Crisis Online Chat Service | Lifeline Australia

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 or https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/talk-to-a-counsellor

If in immediate danger: 000

Please take care of yourself and reach out to any of the services above if you need to have a chat

Hey @DID82 - how are you today? I read last night was quite difficult.

I hope you are okay. Waiting to hear from you.

I get stuck in my head to @DID82 . I was thinking if I had any tips for getting back into one's "whole body". The thing I keep thinking on is hands and feet. They are, after all, the parts that are furthest from the head part. I don't know if you're a gamer or not, but in gaming circles the term "touching grass" is becoming more and popular as general mental health note.

Actually, yesterday while toughing grass I stepped on a bee. This was not fun and it was clearly worse for the poor bee. One weird thing is, it made me more feet conscious and I think that kinda of leveled out my neurosis a little bit. Am I recommending picking fights with bees? NO. Definitely not. Bee's already plenty enough to deal with. But, a little bit of foot kindness, is always a good idea.

Yeah I’m doing a bit better today. Just trying to use strategies I’ve learnt to get through. It helps just gotta get through this low and back moving forward again

Yeah I do well with sensory stuff it helps bring me back touch seems to be the best. I need to get some sensory items

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance