Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Playing On The Tracks

Thanks for your support, @creative_writer. The trouble is, I've been trained to be very strong, so I am like the Eveready bunny—perhaps that's more appropriate than I like to think about—I just keep going and going...

I see you've been a member of the forum for quite a while, yet I don't recall crossing paths before.

I used to suffer migraines too, but thankfully I outgrew them, and I can honestly say that I have not had a headache since. All or nothing! 

Thanks, @Kyle1. Words almost fail to express my dismay at the 'people' in my real world life and environment. Such a lack of humanity, of integrity. How do people take all and give as little as they can get away with—just enough to keep me going as long as possible while I serve their purpose. I justly describe myself as a prisoner of circumstance and there is no escape. Why? Why is it that my life is to serve other's purpose while I eke out mere existence. And why can't I change this situation? I really can't. I have tried everything. I refused to believe it couldn't be changed. If someone would like to rescue me in the real world, I would be very grateful.  

I'm just feeling fed up. Deeply hurt, disillusioned and disgusted. 

"oh, the world is so cold

Don't care nothin for your soul..." as the song goes.

@Historylover sounds like you could really do with a proper friend or two in your real world. 

I don't need anyone to tell me I have worth, @Jynx. I know I have worth. That's the problem. If I had low self-worth, there would again be people who would 'tolerate' me but, as I know my worth, I am too difficult for them to control and manipulate.

My dilemma could have been solved long ago if I had surrendered to being trod under foot again. That was all I have ever known. I prefer this situation to anything I have ever known before. This hell is preferable—which speaks clearly of my previous existence. 

I love being part of this community, too, @Jynx. I guess, today, I am just giving expression of my traumatized self. I'm alright. I am just disgusted by what passes as 'family', and as 'humanity'.

No, no private e-mails please. My friends are here in full view.

@Historylover, I think those of us with MH have to become very strong to fight our daily demons. I joined sometime last year, I've seen you around too, but it was nice to meet you on the forums finally.

Migraines are pesky, I am happy that you were able to outgrow them. I have heard it does get easier for some people with time. I think today is an outlier, migraines haven't been so bad lately

@Kyle1, I love how you talk poetry

Wow! There is really a lot of suffering expressed in modern lyrics, @Kyle1. To think that, once, minstrels used to sing of love and earthly delights. Times have certainly changed!!

A 'proper friend' @Kyle1? What's that? 

My demons are all external, @creative_writer. I wish I could catch and cage them all!! 

actually, those lyrics are from a somewhat older Irish song @Historylover 

A proper friend? Yeah...

@Historylover, some people can be difficult 😔. Sitting with you 💖🫂

'Modern' in historical terms though, @Kyle1?

You inspired me to make waffles this morning, and I was going to check back to say waffles cooked,✔️, now a chocolate cake, but all didn't go well. I found out that the reason my last batch didn't work was because my waffle maker is kaput. So, no more waffles. I had intended to make a chocolate cake while I was full of your inspiration, but the waffles disrupted my enthusiasm. Perhaps tomorrow. I was even going to insist on our going for a walk! 

I spent the rest of the day indulging in YouTube videos. When I do these things I enjoy, I really wouldn't give my existence up for anything less. If people can't add to my life, what is the purpose of them?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance