Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

justanotherguy
Senior Contributor

Understanding personality traits to avoid conflict

Hi @moderator,

Is it ok to reference starsigns? (Zodiac).

I find the mental health model of society to be mostly broken for many. It seems to validate some at the expense of others and has led to a completely unbalanced society.

I guess the zodiac personality descriptions were traditionally used to help us understand each other better, but science (& religion) has tried to remove any kind of mysticism from life. Even though I'm very scientific, my zodiac sign maps me well, and it always has. I can't deny it. And I looked up the zodiac of my narcissist - the same! Although they are warned to be very incompatible, which I can see has been our problem for so long. Right now I don't care. I don't require tarot cards etc, just a personality outline to give me something to work with so I can get some life back.

There were different personality models years ago, I think a few of them fed into popular psychology. I just want to live a life where every day the whole world is not trying to end me.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Understanding personality traits to avoid conflict

Hi @justanotherguy will send you an email. Thanks for your question

Re: Understanding personality traits to avoid conflict

@Snowdragon 

I'm sick of being defined by a social model that is clearly designed to disadvantage my personality type.

I just keep looking for solutions. When you get past the psychosis, the mistreatment and incompetence, the abuse and trauma, the actual mental issue, then reduce it to personality traits, it all becomes a much better thing to handle.

I grew up knowing I was mostly ok, and I can't see any reason why I would be any different now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance