Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

depression and wanting to give up but still somehow getting through thanks to family and a sense of humour

Hi everyone in recent days my emotions have been bad in particular depression and anxiety related to a current ringing in the ears,yesterday for the last two days I have unfortunetly felt so low and just over things that I was thinking of suicide at times ,the feeling of just wanting to give up,whats the good of it all?,why bother trying to do things? what good am I like this and the most serious question where has my emotional resilliance gone? I used to be more resilliant than this as all the little things that have aded up lately on top of the already big issues have almost pushed me over the edge emotionally,feeling teary,frustrated at the everyday and laying in bed just wanting to stay lying in bed and sleeping as a form of relief from thoughts and emotions,waiting to see a doctor this coming week,really hoping I dont have permanent hearing loss as theres a continuos ringing in my ears although family reasures me that its probly just a ear infection causing the ringing,but the worry about the worst case scenario has flared up my anxiety and depression ,theres been a few times where Ive thought of suicide and yesterday I basically sooked and sulked in bed didnt want to get up for a few hours in the afternoon feeling so over things in general,but still somehow forced myself to see family for easter last night and today,today was eventually an improovement,I hope this ear condition can be fixed so I dont continue to feel ,anxcious and depressed at the worry of losing my hearing its kind of scary,also Ive already been having some deprssion recently because of feeling emotional remorse for some recent bad choices in life so anyway today turned out to be an improovement thanks to laughing with family and just trying to cheer myself up by acting happy and funny when at the time I feel frustrated at not being able to hear properly at the moment which makes it hard to hear family converastions at easter get togethers hope the docter can fix my ear its ironic having ear hearing loss at easter of all times,may need to keep talking to someone either family or lifeline for emotional support although laughing and trying to distract myself has helped at times

4 REPLIES 4

Re: depression and wanting to give up but still somehow getting through thanks to family and a sense of humour

also trying to deal with mending a family relationship with a family member who I had a falling out with for a while because of my recent online dating behaviour,hopefully we can mend our relationship tomorow will have to wait and see,that will be a serious conversation that needs to happen to resolve things and especially their safety concerns of my online dating behaviour lets hope we forgive eachother,the family member and I that is and lets hope I can mostly hear what thay need to talk about

Re: depression and wanting to give up but still somehow getting through thanks to family and a sense of humour

Hi @LostAngel Smiley Happy

There's not much I can say, except that I hope your Drs. appointment goes well, and that all your family stuff proceeds as smoothly as possible.

@LostAngel

Hi LostAngel,

Recently, I've noticed that you have been giving quite a few members support; some have been new members who have been needing the reassurance with the "support" click as well as written responses. I guess at a time like Easter, a lot of people have good times with family and friends. I am so pleased to hear that your easter sounds as though it started off a bit slowly but improved as you were able to lift yourself to the occasion.

There are many people for whom occasions that we often consider as times of celebration can be that bit extra difficult, and I've noticed that you have been offering some of the newer members considerable encouragement. It has been a pleasure to see what you have offered.

With My Very Best Wishes for Your Easter, that you have been sharing with others,

Care and Support,

HenryX

Hi @LostAngel, I hope your discussion to resolve issues with your family member goes well. But if they cant find it in their heart to be empathetic and prepared to overlook some shortcomings, they may not deserve your love and care. I always feel like if people are just out to judge me and pick faults, thrn I have to say that I do not need to further complicate my life and that the relationship may have to run cold. I don't want to sound negative and wish for you that you will both be able to hear each other out and show some understanding for each other. Good luck with everything!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance