Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

greenpea
Senior Contributor

question for those formites who hear voices

Hi everyone when I hear my voices sometimes they get confused with instence thoughts ..... where they call my name. Now that I am on my meds I dont hear them as often but just then I heard one say my name and something else. It took me by surprise as it was in the middle of me doing some something so I wasnt expecting it. 

Does anyone else get that? where there voiccs can be (not always) be mistaken for thoughts. greenpea

6 REPLIES 6

Re: question for those formites who hear voices

yes i hear voices iv got three one who is male is a positive voice the woman who i have now is a nasty one and a baby who only babbles and crys . im on meds as well but at this time they are not helping my female voice is playing up atm . and a bit of paranoid thinking has set in too .

@Klr83  Hi Klr83 do you find that sometimes your voices sound like really strong thoughts and other times are clearly voices outside your head. I find that the women are particularly nasty voices but my one male can flip and be nasty too depends upon how long the voices have been going on for.  I have had the women screaming at me so loud I thought I had microphones implanted in the room I was in.

sometimes they can be like strong thoughts but i mainly get the voices outside of my head like someone is talking to me . thats how it is for me atm . she is yelling out my name and telling me all sorts of things causing me to be paranoid 

@Klr83  😞 xxx wishing she will leave you in some kind of peace. Since I have been on my meds I have gradually had to increase them as I have had break through voices and moods but nothing like when I was really ill .... then I was totally out of control. Reminds me of this song by Joy Division was me exactly .Shes lost control ..... read the lyrics first before you listen as it could be a trigger and I dont want that.

I have wondered for pretty much my whole life if my own thoughts are actually either my 'own' thoughts, or fake ones that just magically come into my head. Could somebody please tell me the difference? Thank you

Hi Soppykat

I dont know how or why, but yes the voices/strong thoughts, I know they are not mine or my thinking.
They are at first, distressing, and i started taking out loud, to leave me alone, stop that, fk off etc. Felt like someone was harassing me, but noone there.

I dont know how it happens
After been involuntary, in the next few years after learning m diagnosis, when coming into another relapse, I could just tell, this is not me, these I am  not thinking of, this is not how I think about this.

I was reading a meditation book, its mentioned if having quiet time contemplating etc,  thats it natural (in a heathy) to have thoughts come and go. One technique, it mentioned catergoise your thoughts. Somehow when unwell, I was like:
No, not how I feel about this
This is not my thinking
Yes that was a thought of mine once, then is it a real life event, or passing thinking? fantasy box.
Yes today some of this thinking, is just some passing thoughts I had today, some are of actual things that happened, me doing things and  thinking about them. Some are about what other have done or said.
Distinguish between what is real (factual event) or what a person said compared to some everyday thinking, its easy at time to have passing thoughts on somthing that are just that, no relevance to anything, just useless day to day ponderings (day dreaming like).

I had to learn and question things for myself, so understanding how I feel and think about things, my beliefs and so on. Having Insight, looking within. This helped describe things to my pyschiatrist more, but I had when they ask, what are the thougts/voices saying? I describe that things are putting things there that are not me, trying to force to think of things in a way that is not how I feel etc etc. 
Some parania, thats another odd basket lol
At the beginning, when scared I was been followed or spyed on, feeling strong within myself, I said this is my mh illness not me. Prior to having MH I did not behave or have this happen. As stressful as it was, I said to myself, no matter what, do what I want, go outside, go out, nothing stopped me before when well. So just do it. (its an effect and fearful, take courage and is exhausting at times).

I dont have the answers? my psychaitrist says that how chemical, synapes misfire etc, to get into those thoughts/thinking is unknown still as to why.  I said I had a particular voice, that keeps adding to a scenerio, when it not me and my thinking, I said I reality check to stop, go away, as i have insight and no its not me, I know it me thinking things and adding to the story happening to me in psychosis. So stressed and hate it, it frustrates me greatly. Feel so harrassed.

I came here yesterday to ask a few questions myself, but dont know how to post a comment or find the post/submit button. Emailed sane to ask how? no response yet. Been interesting to learn it day in day out and long time, it wears us down, and we feel like giving up/in, but dont. GP says do what it does to stay sane lol. If too overwhelming, sleep through it. and Hope for a better day. 
I hope it eases, or like waiting for a miricale, it stops, goes way or new medication without such bad side effects in the years to come will be available. For today just hang in and get through another day. 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance