Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Michael3
New Contributor

Family law and false accusations of domestic violence

Hi 

New guy here I have been suffering depression for many years I got married to a woman with 5 kids then suffered a massive heart attack my marriage failed. I had two children to my wife and on the day I was moving my wife sent her bf round to get me out of the house and he assaulted me in front of my kids. I still saw my kids every weekend my wife put a dvo on me cos I punched a hole in the wall after I was assaulted. She wasn't there. I continued seeing my kids then one day she told me she was going to a funeral in Victoria where here family is. She also said she wanted to move there I said no as I would never see my kids and I don't like the environment they would be in. The mother is very unfit person and brother just as bad. She told me there's way round that. So she took off claiming domestic violence which never happened recently I was charged by the police for breaching my dvo first time ever. It was a "technical breach" for posting pictures of my own kids on FB which I have been doing since day one. I am really struggling as I constantly make mistakes at work which I never did. I started smoking again and have been trying to get legal assistance but noone wants to help me. I feel like I'm drowning and miss my kids so much I dont even go near and kids shops as it brings back memories I'm so miserable im watching my life go down the toilet and I can't stop it. Im so angry I also pay child support 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Family law and false accusations of domestic violence

Hi @Michael3 and welcome to the SANE forums,

I am so sorry to hear what you have been through with your wife and your kids. That loss and anger sounds so hard to sit with at the moment, and it must be so painful not to see your kids. We are feeling for you right now. 

You mentioned that you are looking at your legal avenues, and I am wondering how the last few weeks have been in looking into this? We often link to legal aid as well if you are interested in speaking to someone who can give you some more advice from that perspective.

We are sitting with you and here to listen if you need someone to talk to about all this. I can imagine the pressure of this situation would feel like a big weight on your shoulders, and I hope that by speaking here we can hold that weight with you, even for a moment. 

Take care and hope to hear from you soon

Daisydreamer🌼

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance