Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Sirine
Senior Contributor

Hi I'm new I'm Sirine

Hi I'm new here. I have just had my bipolar diagnosis changed to bpd ptsd depression and anxiety.  I don't know where to start. Any insight would be great. Thanks 😊 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hi I'm new I'm Sirine

Hey @Sirine 

Welcome to the forums ❤️

There are lots of people with a wealth of experience with those things on the forums. Is there something in particular you are wanting some insight on? I would love to be able to help you out with this. 

Sunshineandsea xx

Hi there @Sirine and welcome to the forums👋. It’s nice to meet you! I’m a Community Guide here and I have a lived experience of both depression and BPD which I read that you have. To be honest, you’ve done a great thing by reaching out and asking for help in relation to these conditions which is very brave and courageous of you so well done! I know there are lots of forum members with these conditions and hopefully you’ll be able to get the support and help you need.

As for advice regarding these conditions, I’d personally suggest you research the conditions firstly by looking at the Information and Resources section in the SANE homepage and typing in depression and your other conditions in the search bar. You’ll find many resources regarding these conditions and they’ll also direct you to other websites worth looking at as well such as Beyond Blue for depression and anxiety for example. I’d also like to make you aware that you are more than just your mental illnesses and you are first and most importantly a person who is unique and special and valuable to society. I’ve had lots of medical staff believe in diagnostic labels and think I’m a bad person because I have BPD and they’ve treated me that way even though I’m not really a bad person- it’s just the way my mental illness plays out in me. I also have schizophrenia as well which isn’t fun either, but that tends to only really flare up when I’m stressed and anxious which isn’t that often. I tend to have episodes of poor mental health but I also have periods where I’m well as well and can lead a relatively good life which is the main thing and something I don’t take for granted. 

Do you have access to a GP who could link you in with a psychiatrist or even a psychologist? Maybe even get in contact with your local health service who may have some mental health contacts available to you? These are just suggestions that have been helpful to me in the past so they may work for you? 

Take care and I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Judi9877☺️💐

Hey @Sirine ,

Diagnoses changing from bipolar to BPD is quite common.

Unfortunately, if you have been treated for bipolar, the treatment has limited affect for BPD. Both are alike in symptoms, but require very different treatments.

BPD looks at more psychotherapy to support borderlines to challenge their own way of thinking to a more helpful way.

There are others who have also had similar experiences to you with a misdiagnosis.

Tagging @BPDSurvivor .

I'm not sure if you'd like to have a look at Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script .

All the best,

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance