Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lu2022
New Contributor

I can't leave the house, i don't know what to do.

Hi, I'm not even sure this is the right forum. Not even sure it's the right place. I have no support or help. I'm alone. I don't know people in Australia. I lost my parents, I have no one to help me. I'm scared to be near people. My phone never rings. I'm still not sure this is a good idea. Maybe it's best if I am alone. I have my 2 cats and that's it. I can't even leave to pick up food or medication. I can't even clean up. I just want to sleep. I never thought 💭 would ever end up this alone. I can't find any help. Too tired. Too alone. Sorry I am not good with words. I used to have a life and now I don't. Sorry. Can't leave the house. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I can't leave the house, i don't know what to do.

Hey @Lu2022 welcome to the forums 💓

I am Sunshineandsea, one of the Peer Support Workers here at Sane. Sounds like you have had a lot going on and are feeling pretty alone 💔. That is rough. The forums can be a great space to meet others with lived experiences and share some connections without the pressure of face to face interactions, having to leave the house or discuss things you don't feel comfortable with. Also, you can connect and disconnect as you navigate this tricky time. 

Having trouble getting out and about for food and medication is a concern, do you have someone who could possibly get these things for you? Or are you in a position to get them delivered? I know some chemists offer this service for free. 

Also, I would like to recommend our guided service program. This is a 12 week program of guided counselling to help you get started on a counselling journey. This is also done from the comfort of your home to ease some of the pressures. I have attached the link at the bottom of the post.

What are your cats names? A lot of our members have special furry friends that are part of our community, just as their owners are 🐈

https://www.sane.org/referral

Hope to chat soon, 

Sunshineandsea xx

Ps. If you use the @ symbol and a members name, you can alert the member you are talking to. Example @Lu2022 🙂

@Lu2022 

I can relate to not wanting to leave the house. I used to be like that myself.

It’s terrible feeling not having the energy to go out. I feel for you.

I want you to know that your not alone.

I have reached out to the forums. I have also talked, chatted with lifeline on 131114 if you want to chat with someone. 

Having fury friends, your cats sounds interesting. I’m not allowed to have animals so I live alone. I envy you.

Some of suggestions made are a really good start. Would it be possible for you to get any Telehealth appointments for doctors etc?

I started slowly to get back out and about.

For example I use to have most of my food delivered to my home and I use to gingerly go out once a fortnight to buy food to try and take baby steps to get use to getting the energy to go out. It was exhausting at first because I was so anxious but slowly I started to feel more confident and comfortable and safe going out.

Start slow. It might be just a trip to the letterbox on a daily basis or a walk down the drive way.

Hi @Lu2022 

I just wanted to reach out and welcome you to the forums - it’s great to have you here 💜

Oh Lu2022 💜 I’m so deeply sorry to hear that you lost your parents and my heart goes out to you 💜

In my experience, feeling so desperately alone and disconnected from the world around us can be incredibly painful and as I listened to this part of your story, I got the overwhelming sense that there was a time in your life when things were very different for you 💜

Perhaps similar to you, there was a time in my life when leaving the house was absolutely excruciating and as such, I only ever ventured outside when I had to. In my experience, this was such a distressing place to be, as on the one hand, I desperately wanted to be a part of the world and yet on the other hand, being a part of the world in the way that I wanted was just too overwhelming and scary for me. As I sat here thinking about some of your experiences, I just ever so gently wondered if this is something that you can relate to?

In my experience, having the care and support that we so desperately need can make such a difference and I’m so sorry to hear that your currently facing your challenges alone. As such, I just ever so gently wondered if you have a sense of the type of support that would be helpful for you at this time?

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @Lu2022 that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them 😊

Please know that you’re always welcome to reach out to us here whenever you need to and / or feel ready 💜

In the meantime, please know that I’m thinking of you at such a difficult and distressing time 💜

Take kind and gentle care of yourself,

ShiningStar 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance