Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

MissyMoo1
New Contributor

Need to be Superwoman but so tired...

Hi all,

I found this site tonight and i hope you will induldge me in a bit of a vent. Here is my scenario:

Single mum - two daughters 9 and almost 14.

Have been on my own since youngest 8 months old.

Dad minimal involvement and tends to make things worse - had a partner who didnt even try tyo hide the fact she hated my children - not exactly helpful.

All other family members live in the UK.

Working 25 hours per week - new boss - micro managing and telling me she expects more of me 

Youngest has ASD level 2 and chronic anxiety. She has extremely violent behaviours and her sibling gets most of the agression.

2 stints in the child inpatient unit - one planned - one emergency

now on NDIS but only 4 hours repsite per week - no where near enough for me to spend time with eldest.

Eldest on meds for anxiety and depression - she is not even 14!!

Youngest about to change from rispiridone to catapres - god I hope it helps.

Eldest talking about foster care even though she loves me and doesn't want to be away from me.

House constantly on edge - feels like youngest rules everything

I would like to run away but they both despespartely need me. 

I know i need me time but just not possible.

Eldest is on a count down to when she can 'get out' of the house - and intends to have nothing to do with her sister ever again - my heart is breaking.

We have seen CAMS (for 3 years) but found them of limited use, currently with new psycologist and accessing a family violence support worker through Uniting - has anyone had expereince with them?

Reading this no wonder I am tired - rant over - thanks for listening.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need to be Superwoman but so tired...

hi @MissyMoo1 welcome to the forums and I hope you get the support you need x      you pretty much sound like superwoman having to deal with all that! wow your being strong and all on your own which I can relate to,its so hard when your trying to keep things together and keep all your thoughts about issues to yourself especially in your case with no family nearby to help you Smiley SadHeart I tend to identfy with trying to be wonderwoman in terms of raising my youngest brother whos 13 years old now and dealing with the start of the teen phase as well as juggling to try to have some form of socail life myself so I get where your coming from,Please keep reaching out on here maybe also call ParentLine for support as they may help with other supports you need and deserve LostAngelHeart

@MissyMoo1  Hi MissyMoo1 and welcome. I have 3 children 2 with asd. My eldest is high functioning whilst my youngest has what used to be known as aspergers. My autistic children are 27 and 25. I am interested in the catapres is that for a mental illness? I am asking because both myself and my 27 year old both have schizoaffective disorder and schizophrenia respectively and I am desperate to try something new for me as I also have shakey hand syndrome due to a particular medication plus weight gain.

My 27 year old was violent from the age of 16 to 21 which is what the psychiatrist said would happen due to puberty - giving you the heads up it could get a little bit bumpier yet. What you need is a good probably private psychiatrist and psychologist who knows all about autism.

Also when my son got sick I got very ill ..... just be prepared. No expert will tell you as they say things like every child is different etc etc that might well be true but puberty is bad for most children without autism so having puberty and autism is like a hiroshima bomb.

Oh when my 27 year old became psychotic for 6 years my non autistic child and my 25  year old moved to live with their father, my marriage had broken down etc etc.

Take care. greenpeax

hello and hugs @MissyMoo1@greenpea@LostAngel 

click on this link Carers Hints and tips to Success 

8 dimensions of wellness 

how are you today , letting you know that you are not alone my friends 

poster.jpg

This made me cry. I've just found out my 14 year old daughter is BPD. She's been seeing a Psychologist for a year for depression.  For awhile it just seemed to be depression. She started to get in trouble at school, bad crowd, risky behaviours. Standard teenage stuff right only this culminated in some violent incidents last year where she was violent towards us. Her psychiatrist prescribed medication. She only got worse - not attending school for most of last year, suicide attempts, violent outbursts, crazy mood swings and self harm.I work full time, a bipolar husband and a young son. I'm desperate to get her to a psychiatrist - need a new one since we left the city and I cant get in for 3 months. Her clinical psychologist says she needs meds urgently...I've been looking at the meds you mentioned. What were the side effects for your girl? Sorry if I made this about me I'm just so distraught and at breaking point when I know I need to keep it together.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance