Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Dee89
New Contributor

New here

Hello everyone

Just found out about SANE and the forums and I find it amazing.

I thought I'd post a little about myself to introduce myself, hopefully get some help/recommendations and to know that I'm not alone.

I am 31 years of age, have been suffering from panic disorder, agoraphobia, OCD, seperation anxiety & anxiety since 2001.

Between 2005 and 2009 I was pretty much 90% better. Then out of the blue relapsed and just keep getting worse since and for the past 2 weeks have pretty much hit rock bottom.

I am on medication, my last councilor has retired end of last year.

I have a very loving supporting family and a loving supporting partner.

I don't know what to do, seems as though the harder I try the harder it gets, my general anxiety has gone through the roof.

I would also like to ask if anyone can recommend a Psychiatrist that does home visits or online, I have been on the same medication for the past 10 years and it obviously isn't doing anything - in saying so I know that medication isn't the answer and is not a cure although I find that it would possibly give a boost and or make the start of rehabilitation a little easier I suppose for lack of better words.

I will stop for now, feel free to ask any questions, thank you for reading and any support in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Re: New here

Hi @Dee89 and Welcome to the forums new friend ,sorry to here that the last few weeks for you have been rock bottem that must be so hard,I can understand in terms of anxiety ect as Ive just had a bad bout of depression the last couple of days ect,I hope you find the support you need on here and might I add youve reminded me to book another councilling session which I forget to do as I think my recent bout has caused alot of forgetfullness,but back to what your facing, Anxiety is not easy especially when things do go well for a length of time only to feel it spring up on you again,Please take care LostAngelHeart 

frog
Community Elder

Re: New here

Hi @Dee89 and welcome. The forum has been such a help to me, and I hope it will be for you too.

I also have anxiety and it can be crippling.

Acceptance Commitment Therapy has helped me, including Russ Harris's work e.g

The Happiness Trap

The Happiness Trap | Actmindfully

I also love

Bev Aisbett - Cartoonist, Illustrator, Author, CounsellorI'm happy to hear you have a supportive partner and family. That's gold!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance