Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lexy877
New Contributor

Newbie here!

Hey everyone,

I had my welcome call today. 

Feeling slightly less anxious about joining up after reading a few posts here. I'm looking to connect with people who have experienced similar.

I'm 36, single mum, diagnosed with ADHD 4 months ago then C-PTSD a couple of weeks ago after a long term DV relationship. I've been out 4yrs but for some reason have only started being triggered (we've been co-parenting all that time). My heart races, I go blank, can't speak, shake, cry, I'm a mess! 

I guess I'm hoping there's someone on here who relates 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Newbie here!

Hi @Lexy877 ,

Welcome to the forums!

There are definitely those who can relate to your experiences. I hope you will be able to connect with them and you feel less alone in this.

The forums is a place for your to feel connection and belonging.

You deserve all the support you can get 🙂

Kindest, tyme

I’m a mum with ADHD & generalised anxiety too (in addition to being the CEO of SANE) and can I just also say welcome. When we designed the guided service, our hope was that it would provide a pathway to this big, ongoing community and seeing your post just brought a tear to my eye - it’s pretty rewarding to see the vision come to life.

Welcome to SANE, we’re #peoplelikeyou

Rachel.

Hi @Lexy877 ,

A very warm welcome to our community!

Hi @Lexy877 , How are you travelling? I wanted to come past to say hi.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance