Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Yes there is always something to do @Owlunar but it certainly would be harder for you at the moment with just one arm. As for your daughter - it would hurt but you are right - she should keep her opinions to herself. I do very much wish the situation was different for you Mumma Bear - I know it is nowhere near the same but I really value you and our friendship. Sending you so much love 💖💖💖

@Appleblossom The same - it is hard to see any child 'slipping through the cracks'. Whilst home schooling is okay, it is necessary for 'people' to be involved with any child so that doesn't happen. This is where 'normal' school can help but there are also many kids that fall through the cracks there too. That, to me, is the fault of all staff at a school but especially the teachers. Some just do not have any skills to build relationships, get to know their kids nor even care (sometimes) to intervene. If you do not know your kids as a teacher then I don't think you are doing your job 😥

@Shaz51 💚💚💚

Here’s a big bear 🐻 hug 🤗 for you @Shaz51 my dear friend. 💜❤️💜

thank you @Eve7 , @Zoe7 , @Appleblossom , @Owlunar  just feel so guilty for not beeing there for my mu even though she was sending me away @moderator 

Perhaps for now, take this time to relax a little @Shaz51 - then visit again tomorrow? 

It can be a huge mental and physical toll on you right now.

Please know we are with you at this time.

thank you my @tyme it is really showing on me tonight but i am glad to have a chat to the doctor today about mum's condition and on mine condition too 

hello Mumma Bear @Owlunar , thinking of you lots today 

hoping you are feeling better xoxo

@Zoe7 , @Eve7 , @Appleblossom 

@Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Appleblossom 

Hi all my little bear cubs or owls - I would love to write to everyone individually - it's not easy typing right now. And I am out of touch with so much - I know you ladies have had rough patches too.

I am getting some help with personal care next week - it is hellishly hard to change my clothes and getting private help is not as easy as one might think - and I think I know why. Still - I have someone coming three days next week.

My daughter has disappointed me so deeply I find it really hard to find a place to make it easier - we are talking again - still - I am reluctant to text anything right now that I am home - and I have had a lot of things to deal with.

She thinks I should be in aged care - and I was furious. She doesn't have the right - she is not my carer or needs to attend to any other issues. She has her health problems and I am not sharing mine with her much - she didn't even know I had burned my arm until MEPACS rang her to say I had been taken to hospital in an ambulance - and I had not asked them to tell her.

Having MEPACS get an ambulance for me for the second time in 3 days was - ah - weird - the ambos didn't seem to know what to do about me but finally took me to the private ED - I didn't have anything but my phone and my charger - and I was there for two weeks.

I felt so insulted when she mentioned that I should be in an old age home and why would she know how interesting my life is and how important - and what I would have taken away from me - stuff no one can see but it important to me - like my independence.

I don't know what to do about her -  I don't like mentioning it here - but where else? I am so unhappy about that - and about her attitude generally.

She has bad pain days - this I understand - I don't interfere in her life - aw - I have said enough.

I know all of you have had stuff going on that is rough and tough - I hope to get onto people as I can 

My love and best wishes

Mumma Bear 

Owlunar

Really glad you could check in @Owlunar 

You have had a lot going on.  Me too, I dont tend to tag you to my Fragile thread as I dont want to  bother you, but you know you are welcome any time.

I get the sense of how difficult it is to walk the path of a mum trying to keep her own issues from her child.  It is so difficult over the years and with all the levels of intimacy, and there needs to be better acceptance of this as a parenting issue and as children mature they do need to grow  up and realise their parents are humans.

The aged care home has become an easy option for many. If you do not want it, it your right. I have spent time visiting them and working in them and fully endorse your position.

Glad you have found a personal carer. Hope they are good and respectful.

love Apple

hello my mumma bear @Owlunar 

soo glad to hear you are back home again  and have added help xxx

I don't know what to do about her ---- ohhh there is not much you can do about your daughter's thinking 

I know this is different situation , but i feel guilty and still do at times about my own mum , but she is 92 and when she broke her second hip after i have been her carer for a few years , the doctor said that she needed more care  so he put her in the aged care part of the hospital 

Mum's brain is saying why cant i be at home while her body is breaking down 

hello and hugs my sisters @Appleblossom , @Zoe7 

Hey Mumma Bear. It is so good to hear from you @Owlunar I was a bit worried about you being back in hospital 💖💖💖

I can only imagine the hurt from your daughter Hon. You are one of the most independent and capable people I know and for her to say those things really shows just how much she does not want to know you. That, though, is a reflection on her and not you. We know she has her own issues but to totally disregard your strength and capabilities - and then say those things to you - is, in my opinion, selfish. You deserve so much better my Mumma Bear so I am sending you all the love I can 💖💖💖

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance