Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Clod
Casual Contributor

Partner with paranoid schizophrenia

Hi my husband was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia 15 years ago and had been on meds since then. The first time he left me was a few years after starting meds he starting tapering off them and ended up being hospitalized for suicidal and homicidal thoughts. They increased his meds and things were better after that.its been ten years and life more or less stable he recently decided to start trying to cut down again a couple of months ago soon after that he started accusing me of acting too familiar with my daughters long term boyfriend then shortly after that became enraged when he saw me sitting on my bed in my t shirt asking if I want attention from my daughters boyfriend who stays at our a lot. We argued he kept accusing me of being inappropriate he said that one day my daughters boyfriend and I were talking in a room one day and stopped when he came in. We argued back and forth and The next day he left me. We’ve been together 25 years. He seems to be living as though I didn’t exist and has wiped me. I saw a message on an old iPad of him reaching out to a former female colleague who is much younger than him.Could this be the medication tapering and a relapse? He is still functioning as in going to work contacting our children regularly and posting happily on social media.. I am very confused

1 REPLY 1

Re: Partner with paranoid schizophrenia

Hey @Clod ,

How are things going? For you and your partner?

Hope you are okay.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance