Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

ShiningStar
Community Elder

Sexual Assault Service Directory

Hi everyone 💜

I just wanted to reach out to share an Australian website that I recently came across called the ‘National Association of Services Against Sexual Violence.’ 

One of the things that I really like about this particular website, is that it provides a directory of services that are available to support people throughout Australia who have experienced sexual assault 💜

As such, I’ve just shared the link to this particular resource below, so that if you feel that you need some additional support, you can just click onto your state to see some of the services that may be available to you 💜

https://www.nasasv.org.au/support-directory

I hope that his helps you to find the care and support that you need 💜

Take care everyone,

ShiningStar 💜

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sexual Assault Service Directory

It'd be great if that link could somehow be permanently installed somewhere prominent on the website. Lots of people who mightn't need it today may wander in here in the future. I'd imagine it would get more then it's fair share of usage, considdering that sexual assault is a very common cause of depression, anxiety, suicidalness, ect.

Perhaps there could even be a whole directory, somewhere prominent on this website, for all the services that deal with the common causes of depression, anxiety, suicidalness, ect. For example, a few weeks ago there was a user on here asking about how to get a new home in Hobart.

Re: Sexual Assault Service Directory

Hi @chibam 

I just wanted to reach out to say that I really love your suggestion of creating a central space on the forums where people can access different resources 💜

Absolutely! There are often correlations between sexual assault and mental health conditions and as such, I think that it could be really helpful to create a specific space on the forums where people can easily access the resources that they need to support them during times of distress 💜

As such, I’ve just tagged a few of our Peer Support Workers @hanami @tyme  @FloatingFeather @Paperdaisy to see if they may be able to suggest how this could be done - I hope that was ok 💜

Thank you so much again for taking the time to share your suggestion - it’s definitely something that could help so many members of our community 💜

Take care,

ShiningStar 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance